Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Problems with Table of Contents

Hey everyone. I'm trying to convert The Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales into .lrf, and I seem to be messing up the table of contents. I've tried completely deleting and hand entering several times and I still get page breaks where there shouldn't be any. It happens in the same spots every time. I'm only selecting the exact text for each "title", and yet every time I get the first 4 on 1 page, then 5 through 17 on the next page. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? How can I get rid of that page jump? I'm attaching one of my attempts so you can see what I'm talking about. In this example, I've only set the first 6 titles in the table of contents...

Thanks!

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Grimms Fairy Tales.lrf (311.5 KB, 255 views)
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It would help if you said which program you were using. It's Book Designer, I see.

Some of your titles are inaccurately set. In "the Golden Bird" the first paragraph is also centred, so is presumably either a title or subtitle. Reset it as a paragraph.
1. Go to "Tools" then "Element Browser" and search for titles and then subtitles. This should help you to set them more accurately because this will show up some errors.
2. Also, go to "view" and click on "show nbsp". This shows up non-broken line-spaces. There should be 4 left-aligned spaces at the beginning of each paragraph. You will probably find a some of them centred. These are bits of former titles, which haven't been deleted. Delete them. (They will also show up as empty titles and subitiles in the element browser.)

Incidentally, if it happens another time, try uploading the BD file itself. You'll have to zip it, because it's not a recognised file extension.

I hope this helps.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Thanks Patricia! That actually helps a lot! I hate to say this...but I "almost" find converting books more fun then reading them!! I've even gotten fussy when looking at the .lrf books I've purchased...I think wouldn't it be nice to fix the left and right margins!

Thanks again for your help!!

Dave

P.S. After posting this, I actually found a very nice version in this forum...illustrated no less! I forget who posted it, but good job! It was still fun doing my own version though...I've learned a lot!
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm glad to help, Davers.
You're right about converting books: it can be very interesting. it also helps me to look at the books in a different way. When I'm checking the emdashes, the italics or the punctuation, I'm also noticing that each author has a very personal style, even with their use of dashes.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote