Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
fill2365
fill2365 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Won't Download/Update. Any Suggestions?

My kindle won't download new purchases or update my blogs/magazines i subscribe to. It still goes to the Kindle store and I can still go online with it. Any ideas how to fix this?
fill2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by fill2365 View Post
My kindle won't download new purchases or update my blogs/magazines i subscribe to. It still goes to the Kindle store and I can still go online with it. Any ideas how to fix this?

Your very very best bet is to call Kindle support hotline. Look under "kindle support' on Amazon.com They are trained to deal with this.
Good luck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fill2365 View Post

1-866-216-1072
Old 07-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
rocky1938
rocky1938 doesn't litterrocky1938 doesn't litterrocky1938 doesn't litter

Device: potential Kindle user
Amazon is having problems with their S3 services (which appear to include Kindle downloads)
rocky1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1938 View Post
Amazon is having problems with their S3 services (which appear to include Kindle downloads)
As of 4:27....they are downloading perfectly.....I just downloaded a book. And it was fast...
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Someone linked to a great website:

http://status.aws.amazon.com/

See at a glance if it's an Amazon issue, how cool. Except for the "down" part.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #7
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
At about 5 PM PDT four items purchased earlier today (around noon) finally downloaded.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cush View Post
At about 5 PM PDT four items purchased earlier today (around noon) finally downloaded.

Interesting.....different scenarios for different parts of the country.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Mine still hasn't downloaded, but I'm (fairly) sure that the Sprint network is down. The wireless appears to be working, but instead of the usual 4 bars, I get zero bars. Hmmmmm.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote