Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I am confused here, Flashman. I have a MotoQ, and if via my browser, I go to NYT Mobile, I get the news, and at no charge. It used to cost to get the opinion portions and certain other portions too, but not now. I do note, however, that if I want to get the Times on a Verizon phone, I have to pay Verizon (not the NYT) $2.99 a month.
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #17
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Archos 605 Wifi, & Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp View Post
I am confused here, Flashman. I have a MotoQ, and if via my browser, I go to NYT Mobile, I get the news, and at no charge. It used to cost to get the opinion portions and certain other portions too, but not now. I do note, however, that if I want to get the Times on a Verizon phone, I have to pay Verizon (not the NYT) $2.99 a month.
The NYT Web & Mobile Web versions are free (ad supported). Is Verizon charging you to browse their mobile site or for some sort of 'downloaded' package?

NYT Web is also free via the Kindle web browser if you feel like browsing it that way. Just browse to http://mobile.nytimes.com/
rflashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #18
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
If Verizon is automatically delivering it and billing you, that doesn't mean they aren't kicking money back to NYT for it. I don't know what their deal is specifically, but just because they're the ones billing you doesn't mean they are the only ones getting money.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #19
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I use NYTMobile, and since I have a Verizon data plan, pay nothing for NYT itself. As you note, it is ad-supported anyhow. And you can also get NYT via email.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #20
radleyp
Evangelist

Flashman, for a completely opposite take on the Kindle, see Walt Mossberg in today's WSJ: he liked the book delivery mechanism, and hated everything else from the design he considers awkward and inefficient and software which he finds confusing. Isn't the WSJ also available for the Kindle?
Advert
Old 11-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #21
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Archos 605 Wifi, & Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Flashman, for a completely opposite take on the Kindle, see Walt Mossberg in today's WSJ: he liked the book delivery mechanism, and hated everything else from the design he considers awkward and inefficient and software which he finds confusing. Isn't the WSJ also available for the Kindle?
Good review, I must say I agree overall with his review, except I don't think he's yet to grasp how truly revolutionary the electronic delivery is, when compared to any other reader.
rflashman is offline   Reply With Quote