Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
jsadd
jsadd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 1, I Pod Touch
Hello from Kansas

I wanted to say Thank you for all the information.
I live in a rural area, and you have been very helpful to me.
Thanks again !
jsadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello jsadd
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
jsadd
jsadd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 1, I Pod Touch
Hello Ervserver,
I seem to have that same problem.
jsadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello jsadd and welcome to the forum.
(I had to use a dictionary to translate "rural", hence i guess Ervserver's signature applies to me too)
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcme Aboard!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
godelocs
godelocs began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
ebookwise 1150 question

Hi DixieGal, maybe you can help me. I just received my ebookwise 1150 and purchased one book from the ebookwise web site. I figuered that by purchasing from the website the book would be formatted already. It said the file was already and imp file; however when I loaded it to my book reader the page is larger than the reader. I chaned the font to small but it is still to large to view a whole page at a time. Is there any way to change it so that the words don't run off the page?
godelocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jsadd and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godelocs View Post
Hi DixieGal, maybe you can help me. I just received my ebookwise 1150 and purchased one book from the ebookwise web site. I figuered that by purchasing from the website the book would be formatted already. It said the file was already and imp file; however when I loaded it to my book reader the page is larger than the reader. I chaned the font to small but it is still to large to view a whole page at a time. Is there any way to change it so that the words don't run off the page?

That just doesn't sound right at all. I'll see if Nick or Dale is online. It's the weekend, so help might take a while. Meantime, go back to ebookwise.com and get another book, make it a free one for practice. Try and see if that works OK. If so, ebookwise will most likely fix the error. Hang tight, I'll look for help. Go get that free book and see what happens.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:11 AM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
welcome to mobile read! This is definitely the place for helpful info (along with useless entertainment... but, as entertainment definitely has a use, scratch that "useless" part...) Enjoy!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
godelocs
godelocs began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
DixieGal, I have not downloaded another book yet but I will when I get home from work today. I did go back to ebookwise to see if I could download the book again from my bookshelf but I don't see where to do that. I shows the book that I bought but it does not give me an option as to downloading the same book again. I will try a free one today and see what happens.

Also I was unable to download the book using the usb for some reason it would not link up even though I have registered and everything. Well, in my haste I figured I would try the phone line to try. It linked up right away once I connected my phone land line. Needless to say; I should have checked to see what that area code went to instead of just assuming that it was a toll free number. Turns out that 868 area code is in Tribeck which when I called the phone company I found out that the time spent downloading that book will cost me 4.30 a min. Thats right. Multiply that by the 30 min or more that it took for the book to download and its obvious that I got screwed. Big time.
godelocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

Poor Baby! It sounds like a total mess. I went here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...125#post455125 and put in a request for expert help for you. This thread is a bad place, seeing as how it is smack in the middle of another thread, instead of in the EBW1150 thread. I only happened upon it while viewing the original post.

I'm so sorry you are having such misery! I'm sure that you will get help soon. Click the link above and post a note there.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
Steven Thomas
Steven Thomas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Hello!

I have that same "rural" problem! At lest things are getting better.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Welcome to MR!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #14
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to Mobileread
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Steven Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote