Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Martina223
Martina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura aboutMartina223 has a spectacular aura about

Device: blackberry
Calibre and Kobo desktop issue

Good afternoon to all,

I am now the proud owner of a Kobo Glo, after using a PRST1 for over a year.

I have quite an extensive library of books which I administer with Calibre.

I have successfully loaded books from Calibre on the Kobo Glo.

However, when syncing with the Kobo desktop, the books from the Glo, do not appear in the desktop library, which I would like to in order to access the books via my mobile phone, too, so I can carry on reading on phone, when the glo is not to hand.

Will this only work with books I purchased from Kobo, or am I doing something wrong?

I would very much appreciate some help.

Thank you

Martina
Martina223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Kobo Desktop only shows books you purchased from Kobo. You'll have to keep using Calibre for the rest.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I just put all my ebooks on my droid vis cut and paste into a folder called "ebooks", then use the droid Kobo app to search for the ebooks, and it then converts them to kepub (which I don't like, but have not figured out how to avoid this yet). They work fine on my razr this way and I like being able to save notes and highlights to my google drive account. I wish the desktop version was as good as the android version--that would be fantastic!
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by peitsao View Post
I just put all my ebooks on my droid vis cut and paste into a folder called "ebooks", then use the droid Kobo app to search for the ebooks, and it then converts them to kepub
Are you really sure it converted the epubs to kepubs, and not just imported the epubs to the app?
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Kepubs because of the page numbers that end with each chapter. That's why I don't like kepubs. Also, all you have to do is look at the files on the razr and none of the books say epub after they are converted.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert