Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Snepscheut
Edge User

"attestatie de vitea"

Bad rumors are circulating on this forum!

Lets get them out of the way, so please enTourage give us your "attestatie de vitea"

Please let us know where your working on and how you are doing.

I'm politely asking everyone on this forum to work positive together so we can make and enjoy the eDGe to the max.

Jos.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
drsteve
Edge User

Snow has just confirmed that (at least) he is still alive well and busy !

http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ware-Engineers!

bottom of page 1

Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
borisb
Edge User

This was nothing but a vicious, mean-spirited and unfounded rumour.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
Snow
Edge User

There is a good bunch of us that monitor the forums at least once a day but there is much work to do. We try not to barge in and comment too much because of our workload (bosses would not be happy if we spent all of our time posting on forums). We don't go a day without talking about customers.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

I imagine you use the same approach as I do to posts - if someone else has already answered a question accurately and sufficiently, then there's no need to post a second redundant one. There are several experienced people on the forums now that answer posts I would have a couple of months ago. I could almost retire

Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
Snepscheut
Edge User

Snow,

Thank you for your clear answer, now we can have a lock on this rumor an a lock on this thread.
Hope we will hear from you on a more regular (not frequently) base.

Thanks,

Jos.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
done
Edge User

As Snow mentioned, although we may not always comment on the forum we do look at each and every post made and are here to support the community. Many of us even spend time on the weekends watching over the forums. These are community forums and as such we leave it in the hands of the community, if you do need to reach us for assistance or information we ask that you please submit a ticket or call one of our tech support teams so that we can address your issue properly.

All of us at enTourage are here to stay and we are not going anywhere. In fact we are getting stronger each day - we recently signed new partnership deals with multiple publishers and retailers to make the eDGe more available than ever and to provide more content. You can read more about this in last month's newsletter http://www.entourageedge.com/newsletter-jun-2010 . Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter, http://www.entourageedge.com/about-us/newsletters.html , to stay up to date on eDGe news and developments.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
NiaTrue
Edge User

Wait. Snow is a guy, as in masculine?

Dude, always imagined you were a woman. Oh, well, I'm sure you're equally nice as a man.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
done
Edge User

@ NiaTrue: You just provided the office with hours of entertainment

Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
vicinc
Edge User

This is what I want to hear. I do like startup companies, but unfortunately 90% of them fail in the first 2 years of life. I like to see Edge 3, 4 ,5 and 6. Concept is good, software support is lacking. I do not understand why Edge refuses to release the source code, once this is their obligation under GPL. The software is not proprietary in the edge.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
NiaTrue
Edge User

Hope it's quality, unoffensive entertainment!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
I do not understand why Edge refuses to release the source code, once this is their obligation under GPL. The software is not proprietary in the edge.
I'd prefer they take the time to do it right and release an SDK that is properly documented and stable. It wouldn't do much for the edge reputation is every other third-part app for the edge frequently crashes and burns.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #13
vicinc
Edge User

the risk is that tomorrow never comes

Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #14
vicinc
Edge User

also source code is different from SDK

Old 07-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #15
vicinc
Edge User

Just to note that they locked Android 3 thread. Censorship started. I bet this is the next one!