Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Not Holding A Charge

I got the 600 a little over a week ago and it's on charge for the 4th time.

I'm using the charger from the 900 and I'm wondering....does that work or do I need something else?

I'm not doing the full shutdown but that's never been a problem on the 900. Every time I sit down to read the battery meter has lost another bar. Very annoying.

Should I call Sony or just send it back to Sears? My plan/hope is to keep the 600 and wait for the 950 to come out so I'm not just wanting to dump it for the 650.

Insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Debi
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Are you charging from the mains or via cable to your computer, Debi? If the latter, don't rely on that or on the accuracy of your device's battery level meter. You do need a mains charger for a full charge or you will face problems with your Sony. Other than that, a beautiful will gizmo. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been out of town for the holiday.

As stated in my earlier post I am using the charger that came with the 900 to charge the 600. Being me, I have never relied on USB for charging anything. I always buy the wall charger.

On Thursday I left the 600 with my sister for the weekend. I had charged it Wednesday night and had done the complete shutdown and showed her how to do this also. She didn't want to use the reader until Monday. When she turned it on it reported low battery. I turned it on this afternoon when I returned (from a full shutdown) and the screen comes up "low battery" and shows the little battery as fully drained, so I feel that I should believe the battery meter on the screen.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I call Sony or should I just pack it up and send it back to Sears?
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

After plugging the charger does the charge indicator right next to the power button light in red? If so, keep plugged until the charge indicator turns off automatically and then power on and check if it is fully charged. If not, I'd contact Sony support.
The charger included in 900 should work with 600.