Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Ina
Ina began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile
Fictionwise 100% rebates for 5-year Buywise subscribers

Quote:
Buywise Super Promo: 100% Rebates!

This week Fictionwise goes where no eBook store has gone before: Until June 21, all five-year Buywise subscribers may purchase any of our 64,000+ eBook titles and receive 100% of the purchase price back as a Micropay Rebate when paying by credit card or PayPal.
But it cost over 100 USD to upgrade 4 more Buywise years, and with the books I am going to buy to make it worth it...will cost a lot...can not make up my mind.
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
this is a tough one. I'd have to buy a 5 yr membership right now to do it. Granted, with a 5yr membership purchase you get $12.49 rebate on the membership plus 5 free books, but that is still $125 in order to be eligible to spend more money for rebates.

I'm also unsure whether to do it or not. Leaning towards not right now.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Good grief.

I have buywise club membership until 2015. (I bought quite a few back when they were doing 100% rebate on club membership!)

So the whole store is now on 100% rebate to me. AKA Buy One, Get One Free.

But I already have a "to be read pile" that's well over a year long....

I think I'll have to resist!

Paul
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
On top of that, the "regular" discounts have been slowly decreasing (IMO) since the merger with B&N. I'm not sure I want to lock myself into Fictionwise's Buywise Club when I'm starting to see more of the book I want 1) sooner at Books on Board and 2) at better prices.

I'm hoping it's to even out some of the big sales deals they've been giving out lately...but I'm afraid it's B&N's influence.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Don't forget, there's also a free book of your choice for every membership year, up to $10 per book. So for a 5-year membership, that's up to $50 worth of free books. With these freebies, you now only need to make up for ~$50 of the 5-year membership. Buying another 5 books at 100% rebate should about do it.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
I love this sale. It comes as a relatively bad time for me this time, but I'll still probably try to max out my bonus. I just need to go through my list and buy everything that moves!
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Not this again, I still have 5 years 7 days from the last sale like this.

Must... resist...
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Wow. I am tempted. There is not much I want right now, but I do need to renew my membership soon. So, if I do this, I will get five free books, then I can spend, say, $100 bucks on a few others, get ALL the money back in rebate and be set? I do have a lot in my TBR pile though...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Wow. I am tempted. There is not much I want right now, but I do need to renew my membership soon. So, if I do this, I will get five free books, then I can spend, say, $100 bucks on a few others, get ALL the money back in rebate and be set? I do have a lot in my TBR pile though...
You get the money "back," but it's not a refund on your card; rather, it's a credit to your account.

It's a great deal, if you need it. (I love Fictionwise's deals!)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You get the money "back," but it's not a refund on your card; rather, it's a credit to your account.

It's a great deal, if you need it. (I love Fictionwise's deals!)

Don
Is not! It's a temptation!

So, these are my options: buy an e-ink e-reader (somewhere this summer) or a 5 year buywise subscriber...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I hesitate to increase my Fictionwise membership until I know exactly what B&N's plans are. I am also a member of B&N, and wonder if in the not-too-distant future my B&N membership will also work at Fictionwise. I'd hate to pay twice for the same membership.

I've already complained to B&N that I am not getting the 5% discount when I purchase at FW using my B&N credit card. Haven't gotten a response yet, but I keep hammering away at the idea that the B&N credit card is supposed to give me an additional 5% discount at B&N and FW is now part of B&N.

The other problem with the offer is that I not only would have to pay for the increase in my FW membership with my credit card, but I would have to buy the books with my credit card in order to get the 100% micropay rebate. Kind of a double whammy.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It is tempting:

Add four years to membership ($105).

Then, buy books (for arguments sake, say $300 worth).

Total outlay: $405.

Micropay rebates: $305
Free books: 4, each up to $10 list (from experience, this is worth less than $10 each, as you get list price only, all rebates canceled on these books, so you either pay extra to use the full $10 or get a book worth around $7 after rebates and discounts).

Then again, I have credit there that never seems to drop to zero ....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Hmm, it never occurred to me to buy additional years of membership when they had 100% micropay rebates. It looks like I can buy the additional years of membership using micropay dollars, so at least I won't have to spend $425 of real cash to get $300 micropay dollars.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #14
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I decided to pass on this. There is not enough on my wishlist right now to make it worthwhile, and the things which ARE on my wishlist are inexpensive enough that I will just buy them when I am ready. Considering I still have many unread past ebook purchases, I am going to wait. I accumulate enough Micropay credit with the occasional new release 100% micropay temptations
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote