Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
psman1975
psman1975 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.3
Cover in mobi conversion is missing

Well, here goes again. I thought I had posted this a few hours ago but I don't see it anywhere.

I have calibre 0.8.70 running on a Macbook Pro OS X Lion 10.7.4. Covers are not showing up when I convert a file to .mobi, either in the viewer or on my Kindle 3.3 (where covers of books I bought on Amazon are showing). In fact, when I open a converted/uploaded calibre book on my Kindle, the Cover button on the menu screen for the book is disabled.

The cover displays on the Edit Metadata screen, and also displays in the viewer when I convert the file to ePUB. I did not change any settings or preferences, but used the app out-of-the-box. I have encountered no other problems either converting or uploading to my Kindle.

--Peter
psman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Umm.... you mean https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191927 ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Gonidae
Gonidae began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for mac
I second that

Quote:
Originally Posted by psman1975 View Post
Well, here goes again. I thought I had posted this a few hours ago but I don't see it anywhere.

I have calibre 0.8.70 running on a Macbook Pro OS X Lion 10.7.4. Covers are not showing up when I convert a file to .mobi, either in the viewer or on my Kindle 3.3 (where covers of books I bought on Amazon are showing). In fact, when I open a converted/uploaded calibre book on my Kindle, the Cover button on the menu screen for the book is disabled.

The cover displays on the Edit Metadata screen, and also displays in the viewer when I convert the file to ePUB. I did not change any settings or preferences, but used the app out-of-the-box. I have encountered no other problems either converting or uploading to my Kindle.

--Peter
I have the same problem.
I use os x 10.6.8
and I can't see the cover of the books I am converting (epub-->mobi/fb2-->mobi/pdf-->mobi) on the library window of my kindle app. the covers are there and I can see them when reading a particular book but not so for the library.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-09-25 at 14.48.17.png
Views:	381
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	92844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-09-25 at 14.50.41.png
Views:	380
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	92845  
Gonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Are you sure it even Had a cover? I have PC & on it my covers show But Not on the K3! Nor my friends Fire! As expensive as the ebooks are No Cover
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I maintain a FAQ for a reason: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....or-android-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have complained to Amazon. BUT I Never though it was a Calibre problem. Since it Only happens on my K3. Maybe now they will fix it IF enough Fire Owners say something.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversions, cover for ebook, cover image missing, mobi conversion, mobi cover