Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Angry Sony Digital Edition Library Install, and Install, ...

So this is a problem that has been an annoyance since I first acquired my Sony Digital Edition. The first time I connected the e-book reader to my computer I installed the library software on my computer. Ever since then every time I connect the reader to the computer a dialogue pops up asking if I want to install the reader software, even though it is already installed. I thought that the first installation might have been faulty so a removed the library software and reinstalled it, following the instructions at the Sony Help web site, but still the same problem

It is annoying since I must always close the pop-up dialogue being careful to select the correct option No. Anyone else encountered this problem? Solution?

Slightly related question is whether there is any way to prevent the Library program from starting when ever the reader is connected to the computer?

Oh, I am on a PC running Windows XP.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Slightly related question is whether there is any way to prevent the Library program from starting when ever the reader is connected to the computer?

Oh, I am on a PC running Windows XP.
I found some information in this thread..Reader library opening when connected

From post 6 by Ron F...
Quote:
If you are running Win XP this should read:

"Click the start button then click run... and type "msconfig", (no quotes), in the little box..."
Quote:
Click on the Startup tab...
Uncheck the box next to "Reader Library"...
Click OK..
That is what I did, Reader Library won't start up on you anymore.
I hope this helps, let us know how it goes.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Thanks for this. It solved the second issue completely. Still don't know why I am having the first problem Some registry key not being properly written during install?
Old 04-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm glad the second problem was resolved.

Quote:
So this is a problem that has been an annoyance since I first acquired my Sony Digital Edition. The first time I connected the e-book reader to my computer I installed the library software on my computer. Ever since then every time I connect the reader to the computer a dialogue pops up asking if I want to install the reader software, even though it is already installed. I thought that the first installation might have been faulty so a removed the library software and reinstalled it, following the instructions at the Sony Help web site, but still the same problem

It is annoying since I must always close the pop-up dialogue being careful to select the correct option No. Anyone else encountered this problem? Solution?
I don't have any idea about this problem. Hopefully, another member has an idea what to do. Good Luck.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote