Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
BookishMom
Connoisseur
BookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheese

Device: K1, K2, and iPad. :)
New Sony Store software, returning library ebooks - problem

Hi everyone,

When I borrow Adobe format ebooks from the NYPL, they now download into the Sony Store instead of Adobe Digital Editions, which isn't really a problem, I guess, but when I tested a book in ePub format, I can't return the ebook early. (This change happened when I upgraded to the new Sony Store software.)

The book is listed under the "Computer" menu, and when I right-click after highlighting the title, it has a "return borrowed item" option. I click on that, but nothing happens.

I don't have a reader yet, so it isn't "connected" to a specific model, and that may have something to do with it.

Can someone who has access to a library with ePub books try to download a book, see where it goes (Digital Editions vs Sony Store software), and see if you can return it? I know this is asking a lot, but I like to return books when I'm finished to minimize wait times for others and need to know if the issue is on my end or a bug in the Sony software.

Thanks in advance!
BookishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
I downloaded a PDF ebook from the Phoenix Public Library. It was automatically downloaded by the ebook library. I right-clicked on the book and chose Return Borrowed Item, and it disappeared from my library in a few seconds. The Phoenix library has no epubs, so I can't test with one of those.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
BookishMom
Connoisseur
BookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheese

Device: K1, K2, and iPad. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
I downloaded a PDF ebook from the Phoenix Public Library. It was automatically downloaded by the ebook library. I right-clicked on the book and chose Return Borrowed Item, and it disappeared from my library in a few seconds. The Phoenix library has no epubs, so I can't test with one of those.
Thank you so much doing this for me, and for your reply. I was right-clicking, but it wouldn't return, but then I moved the book up into the "Library" menu (it was in the "Computer" menu, for some reason) and when I right-clicked, the status wheel turned and the book disappeared. Just reading your reply made it click that I probably needed to move it into the Library section of the Store menu. I hope this makes sense!

Last edited by BookishMom; 08-28-2009 at 01:13 AM.
BookishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishMom View Post
Thank you so much doing this for me, and for your reply. I was right-clicking, but it wouldn't return, but then I moved the book up into the "Library" menu (it was in the "Computer" menu, for some reason) and when I right-clicked, the status wheel turned and the book disappeared. Just reading your reply made it click that I probably needed to move it into the Library section of the Store menu. I hope this makes sense!
I does make sense. I'm glad it's working for you now.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote