Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo won't turn on

I shut it down. Went out. Came back. It won't turn on. Plugged it in. Won't turn on....what. The. HELL? Anyone else experience this? It was working fine earlier today. I set it down on the coffee table. Not near any magnets.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Try holding down the power button for 15 seconds or so. Release it, then touch the power button the way you usually do it.

As an aside, mine started doing that when I started using GO Launcher. Deleted GoLauncher, and I was good to go. It may have been one of the themes, rather than the GoLauncher itself. I just pulled the whole thing out (including uninstalls of the themes and the import desktop app).

Last edited by taming; 11-06-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Fixed, though I'm not using GO. The I'm using ES File manager, dropbox, but haven't changed the launcher. Not sure why I would? Thanks Taming
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm a fiddler around kinda gal. I try all sorts of things, void warranties, play with my toys. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to recovering from whatever mess I manage to create. I used the other launcher, well, because I could. No mosaic--which I would like actually, if it were a tad smaller.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
cypherslock
Groupie

I like to do the same, but would need some explanation as to why a different launcher is better. I'm new to android.
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

A different launcher, for example, I use Go Launcher EX (which I recommend to everyone).
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #7
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
I prefer Launcher Pro. Faster than Zeam or Go in terms of page changes or loading the Applications screen, lets you customize how many rows and columns are on each home screen, lets you hide the Status Bar, change the number of home screens... And I did say it was fast, right?

Last edited by Haesslich; 11-07-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Fixed typos - can't depend on autocorrect.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I had a bad install of a theme, which I believe caused my problem with the Vox not wanting to open. I am running Launcher Pro Ex again, with no problems. Great for those who may not want the mosaic taking up all that room on the home screen, too.