Smile Sony Reader to support Adobe Digital Editions

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkonther...eader_to_.html

seems to be good news
im right ?
dandan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yep, it certainly is

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11567
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Maybe. Let's not get carried away - Sony haven't explicitly said that this capability will be added to the PRS500. It's conceivable it might only be available in new models . We'll have to wait and see.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Whatever does happen with it, I expect that it at least partially depends on what sort of road-map the Adobe people are following here. They've only just launched the PC version of the app., and while I'm confident that they've also been working on versions for portable devices (I think the original press release implies that pretty well), they haven't given out any idea of the sort of schedule they're looking at for those versions.

Whatever
happens, I'd expect the Sony PRS 'line' to be pretty high on the list of devices they're developing for, which makes me think that as long as the DE for the PRS 'line' comes out while Sony is still supporting the 500, it'd end up on there. It'd be dumb for them to do anything else, unless there was some sort of hardware requirement that the 500 can't meet, that would just be annoying and unfortunate.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But can they make it so it doesn't crash? My wife's computer has had DE 1.0 installed and been rebooted and it crashes. Piece of crap if you ask me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yes, no question, they must produce a non-crashing version too!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Or one with airbags
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Whatever does happen with it, I expect that it at least partially depends on what sort of road-map the Adobe people are following here. They've only just launched the PC version of the app., and while I'm confident that they've also been working on versions for portable devices (I think the original press release implies that pretty well), they haven't given out any idea of the sort of schedule they're looking at for those versions.

Whatever
happens, I'd expect the Sony PRS 'line' to be pretty high on the list of devices they're developing for, which makes me think that as long as the DE for the PRS 'line' comes out while Sony is still supporting the 500, it'd end up on there. It'd be dumb for them to do anything else, unless there was some sort of hardware requirement that the 500 can't meet, that would just be annoying and unfortunate.
Well they've been working on DE and Epub for portable devices where you need to reflow and change the size of the text. We can expect that dedicated reading devices will be on top of their priority list for this simple reason.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Yes, no question, they must produce a non-crashing version too!
They have fixed whatever the problem with DE 1.0. All I did was uninstall De 1.0 that was crashing, went to the library, clicked on a book, it came up saying it needed to be installed, I did and it works now. I just wish Adobe had fixed this issue before release.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote