Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
Kindle DX refurb for $250 - (U.S. Model ONLY)

from http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...e#post30753640

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...on=refurbished

EDIT: looks like the price jumped back to 350?

Last edited by paperwastage; 06-30-2010 at 04:29 PM.
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
In light of that pricing, any buyer's remorse on your new K2? (I think you could send it back within the 30 day period.)

[EDIT: I know I'm now vacillating, even before my refurb K2 has been delivered.]

Last edited by jj2me; 06-30-2010 at 03:31 PM.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just to clarify - these are the US models, NOT the International.

Looks like clearing out the old models before the rumored Kindle 3 is launched.

Any news/rumors - on the screen size? Another 6" model?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Title clarification.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

EDIT: price jumped back to 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Title clarification.

Don
(Moderator)
whoops... forgot to add that point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
In light of that pricing, any buyer's remorse on your new K2? (I think you could send it back within the 30 day period.)

[EDIT: I know I'm now vacillating, even before my refurb K2 has been delivered.]
My Kindle 2 had that fading issue that didn't go away... I don't see any way to exchange it(and my email to kindle-feedback@amazon.com bounced). I'm planning to return my Kindle 2 due to defects, then wait and see... My roommate ordered the DX refurb for himself, and I'll compare and see from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Looks like clearing out the old models before the rumored Kindle 3 is launched.

Any news/rumors - on the screen size? Another 6" model?
no rumors besides the fact that its coming soon...

Last edited by paperwastage; 06-30-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
tadhgadams
tadhgadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad mini 4
I was able to get an order in at 250 right before it jumped back up, looks like Amazon is going to honor it since it's slated to ship soon.
tadhgadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
paperwastage
Groupie

^bump... back to $250
Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
you know this really sucks. I JUST THIS MORNING bought a kindle dx on craigslist for $300. Grrrrrrrrrrr then again no way I could know since the only reason I joined here was I GOT a kindle DX and the only reason I got the kindle DX is I saw it for $300

Grrrrr :-) oh well still absolutely in love with it :-) though in retrospect I guess I DID get it for $250 since I got the $50 leather cover with it so thats $300 anyway. so not bad really.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Interesting. My DX refurb was waiting for me when I returned from my from my trip. It is called a refurb, but it looks brand new. I can't find a scratch on it. Does anyone think Amazon was just blowing out old inventory and calling it refurbs?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
paperwastage
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Interesting. My DX refurb was waiting for me when I returned from my from my trip. It is called a refurb, but it looks brand new. I can't find a scratch on it. Does anyone think Amazon was just blowing out old inventory and calling it refurbs?
maybe...

my refurb looks new too... maybe they just reused the innards and got new outside packaging? plastic shell for the outside won't cost too much to replace.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Yeah... but when Sony sells refurbs there's a sticky on it. This DX had no notice anywhere that it is a refurb.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
These may just be new units someone ordered and then returned using Amazon's 30 day policy - technically they're not new, but they've never been used!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote