Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
thinker77
thinker77 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle and Nokia N800
Hello from Mid USA

Hello fellow readers,

I arrived here only recently since my wife just got a new Kindle in October, and I have been trying to help her find some additional (less costly) resources for it.

I have used ebooks for several years, on tablet, notebook, and desktop computers, and I am quite pleased how much easier the experience has been so far on our Kindle. So far it seems to be a perfect companion both at home and when traveling. Our only drawback to date has been the limitation of wireless connection only over the Sprint network. Since we have a bit of international travel planned, I'm helping search for the best way to add content through a USB connection.

I have not yet read forums extensively here, but expect to find most answers I need have already been posted. If not, I won't be shy about asking.
thinker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi thinker77 and welcome to the Forum. You'll get lots of friendly advice here
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker77 View Post
Hello fellow readers,

I arrived here only recently since my wife just got a new Kindle in October, and I have been trying to help her find some additional (less costly) resources for it.

I have used ebooks for several years, on tablet, notebook, and desktop computers, and I am quite pleased how much easier the experience has been so far on our Kindle. So far it seems to be a perfect companion both at home and when traveling. Our only drawback to date has been the limitation of wireless connection only over the Sprint network. Since we have a bit of international travel planned, I'm helping search for the best way to add content through a USB connection.

I have not yet read forums extensively here, but expect to find most answers I need have already been posted. If not, I won't be shy about asking.
Welcome, and be sure and check out the wonderful free books available here. Download the cataog.

Also try

www.feedbooks.com

and

www.mnybks.net

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome, and be sure and check out the wonderful free books available here. Download the cataog.

Also try

www.feedbooks.com

and

www.mnybks.net

Enjoy!
Or if you want the regular Manybooks website (as opposed to the mobile version), try http://manybooks.net//.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And, since I had no clue when my Kindle was new, I'll make sure to tell you that you want to download books in MOBIPOCKET format. They can end in .mobi or .prc -- or even .azw at times. Go to EBooks on the blue line at top of this page, and look at all the MOBIPOCKET books available for free here!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebooks, introduction, kindle