Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Cummings, Ray: Wandl The Invader. v1, 24 Sept 2008

Another great Ray Cummings novel, an early master of Sci-Fi. This was originally serialized in Astounding Stories, 1932.

Are you,

1) tired of fat, pretentious Sci-Fi novels?
2) tired of wallowing in the mire?
3) tired of reading yet another writer writing inpenetrable jargonese?
4) tired and bored silly because of #3?

Ok, then, HANG ONTO YOUR RAY BLASTERS! - because you're going back to the Golden Age of Sci-Fi, when writing was exciting and -- GET THIS, WONDER OF WONDERS! - writers could actually write interesting stories!!!!

This isn't great literature and it's not meant to be. It's just fun reading and nothing more.

Here's a quote from chapter 13:

"Insects? I suppose I should call them that. With a glance I saw that they were of many sizes and shapes; tiny little things with eyes like lanterns; things of many legs, finger-length, hand-length, and some as long as my forearm. Brown-shelled things, with eyes glowing on stems. There was one quite near us, a smooth, brown-shelled body; a round head on top, as big as my fist. And these things had heads like little distended brains."

Like all books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Holy crap! I just wondered onto this posting and this sounds like a mighty good read. Thanks for the pulp!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert