Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-27-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
Jugdish
Jugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Calibre segmentation fault under Xvfb headless server

I'm running into a problem launching the calibre client on my Ubuntu system, under a virtual desktop environment using Xvfb + LXDE. This is running on DISPLAY :1.

I remote into the LXDE session, open a terminal window, and try to launch calibre. It segfaults with this message:

Code:
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":1".
Segmentation fault
I am running the latest version (calibre 2.47). Note that calibre launches just fine if run in a regular X session on DISPLAY :0. This error is specific to the Xvfb virtual session running on DISPLAY :1.

Any ideas?
Jugdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugdish View Post
I'm running into a problem launching the calibre client on my Ubuntu system, under a virtual desktop environment using Xvfb + LXDE. This is running on DISPLAY :1.

I remote into the LXDE session, open a terminal window, and try to launch calibre. It segfaults with this message:

Code:
Segmentation fault
I am running the latest version (calibre 2.47). Note that calibre launches just fine if run in a regular X session on DISPLAY :0. This error is specific to the Xvfb virtual session running on DISPLAY :1.

Any ideas?
Try it with out using xvfb-run.
Please see this post.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Jugdish
Jugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of lightJugdish is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Try it with out using xvfb-run.
Please see this post.

bernie
I'm not using xvfb-run at all. I'm simply typing "calibre" in the virtual terminal.
Jugdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
Keimix
Keimix began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugdish View Post

Code:
Segmentation fault
Any ideas?
The problem is not primarily with calibre, but with the Xvfb headless X-server. This server is missing the GLX extension.
Your standard X-server on Display :0 has this extension, so calibre runs there.

I don't know if or how you can enable this extension in Xvfb but maybe Google might help, if you look with this info.

Greetings Ralf
Keimix is offline   Reply With Quote