Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Karlieth
Karlieth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Ubuntu Server

Hey, I have an Ubuntu server setup (headless) and am unable to set a library path every time i try it returns
xvfb-run calibredb add /mnt/sdc/toadd/* --library-path /mnt/sdc/Edutational/*
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 66, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/cli.py", line 1604, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/cli.py", line 437, in command_add
File "site-packages/calibre/library/cli.py", line 68, in get_db
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 73, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 46, in create_backend
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 355, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 1080, in fget
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 798, in conn
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 250, in __init__
CantOpenError: CantOpenError: unable to open database file

i have removed a metadata.db file that was created in my home directory, I realize this would be simpler if i installed a GUI but that kind of defeats the purpose of the server
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Karlieth's_Graphic.PNG
Views:	165
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	144576  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-13-2015 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Screenshot
Karlieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
is that a typo in the path to library or a non-english name?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2015, 09:36 PM   #3
Karlieth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
is that a typo in the path to library or a non-english name?
the edutational? i got bored to be completely honest and threw 2 words together
Old 12-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I tried this and it created the database for me

Code:
mkdir MyBooks
calibredb restore_database --really-do-it --library-path /home/petert/MyBooks
I was then able to add books to it
Code:
calibredb add Downloads/* --library-path /home/petert/MyBooks/
At no time did I launch the GUI
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:51 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlieth View Post
the edutational? i got bored to be completely honest and threw 2 words together

I make pesky typos all the time. A second set of eyes (and a slap on the noggin) gets things back on track.

don't use the CLI much,

Give Peter T's post a gander
Advert
Old 12-11-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That indicates sqlite is unable to open/create the db file. First stop using xvfb-run, it is not needed. Then stop using * in your command lines. Finally, make sure you are creating your library on a "native" filesystem, not a network filesystem, not ntfs, not fat32 not hfs etc. Linux is full of poorly implemented filesystem drivers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #7
Karlieth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That indicates sqlite is unable to open/create the db file. First stop using xvfb-run, it is not needed. Then stop using * in your command lines. Finally, make sure you are creating your library on a "native" filesystem, not a network filesystem, not ntfs, not fat32 not hfs etc. Linux is full of poorly implemented filesystem drivers.
all drives connected to calibre are native internal drives i have allocated my smallest hdd (500gb) to books which is SDC the network drive i do have i made a special directory for so i could hook up the server with plex and all my media but currently it is not mounted and peterT thank you
Old 12-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Never had a problem with fat32 drives
Obviously networked filesystems are asking for trouble, and using NTFS on linux is just silly...

@PeterT, when I try running `calibredb add /tmp/random-file.txt --with-library /tmp/test-library` it creates a library and adds the file.

@OP -- did you get it to work?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:02 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Half my boxes are dual boot, so I run NTFS and EXT3
Linux (the OS and user file system) is EXT3, with the windows partitions (NTFS) mounted. I mostly READ from those, but I have not had problems <Knock, Knock> If I do write.

Tags
library issue