Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Issues with Glowlight Plus

I added Book to Calibre. In the NST, all the endnotes in back of the book look and work as they would in the original book format. This is an example:

10 This is how the endnote looks in the NST. And I click on the number
to take me back to my reading spot.
(the second line should be indented to the right but I don't how to post it that way)

In the Glowlight Plus, the endnote looks more like this:

This is how the endnote looks in the NGP. And I can't click on the number to
take me back to my reading spot.

As you can see, it's pushed back to the left and the number is missing. I can't tap on the number to take me back to my reading spot.

I then converted the added Book as I want to change the font size, line spacing and margins. I lost the endnotes until I found the right mix and I was able to get a converted version to show the endnotes properly. But again, the converted epub works in NST. In the NGP, same issue--endnote numbers seem to have vanish to the left.

Lastly, in the NGP, even after adding and converting, every page shows the title on top with lots of wasted space. There is quite a lot of wasted space above the page numbers too. So basically, the NGP is more like a 4.5 inch reader. Is this something that is NGP-software related? Or is it something I can fix with Calibre? If I can't fix with Calibre, I'm returning the NGP.

Thanks.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote