Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
NinaW
NinaW began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Which directory for Kindle on Android

I have a Kindle reader on my Android device. I have converted a document to Kindle format on my laptop, emailed it to myself and downloaded to the Android device.
The Kindle reader won't see it. I imagine I need to put it into the right directory so that the Kindle reader will see it. Can anyone tell me where it is meant to go and if that is all files, in the one directory?

(I know it can be done by sending it through Kindle email account but I'm trying to bypass that because the whole point is to eventually put a Kindle book on my Mum's tablet for a present, wouldn't be much of a surprise if I need to find out her Kindle address, that is a last resort. I'm also concerned Amazon might get upset about copyright. As they provide no gift facility I bought the paper book and scanned it in!)
NinaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
My sideloaded books are in /storage/emulated/0/kindle/ (aka /sdcard/kindle/).

The ones downloaded from the Amazon servers are in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/

However, I haven't moved the Kindle for Android app to my external SD card, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
NinaW
NinaW began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/
Thanks, that is the file directory for mine. The first bit of the directory you show isn't there, or at least isn't displaying.

Strangely enough the only document I have on there that shows in Kindle is a .pdf which is in my home directory, but when I stick the book files in there it won't see them.

Many thanks, you have saved me from a nervous breakdown.

Interestingly Amazon told me that the only way to convert was to send them through a Kindle email account. Which would mean them having access to anybody's files that they wanted to convert. I wonder why they would say that was the only way when it obviously isn't!
NinaW is offline   Reply With Quote