Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #91
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Only location sync to start with.
In that case I will pass on buying it until highlighting and notes are added to the sync.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #92
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
You can buy any iPhone apps on the iPad, but they will look bad on the iPad's big screen... (no matter if viewed 1x or 2x)
I wouldn't use it, I have Marvin but was thinking of a way to support Kris
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #93
Plsleite
Plsleite began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S and iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I wouldn't use it, I have Marvin but was thinking of a way to support Kris
You can buy Marvin color themes as IAP.
Plsleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #94
Plsleite
Plsleite began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S and iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
In that case I will pass on buying it until highlighting and notes are added to the sync.
That's an essential function, IMO... I probably won't be using Marvin on iPhone (much) until then, since I read ebooks mostly for studying, and therefore highlight a lot!

It's still a great app, though.
Plsleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #95
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plsleite View Post
You can buy Marvin color themes as IAP.
Did that already
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #96
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@ProfCrash - thanks a lot.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #97
FatCatElvis
FatCatElvis began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 5.1.1), iPad Mini 64GB (iOS 6.1.2)
Love Marvin for iPad, very sad I can't install on iPhone

Very sad right now *sniff*.

Have Marvin for iPad (absolutely love it). Been waiting anxiously for iPhone version. Found the direct link on Marvin website to install it. Paid for it (one of the very few apps I'll actually pay for... think it's worth more than $4.99 though), and just as I thought it was finished installing on my iPhone.... I get a message saying I need to upgrade to iOS6! (Ahhh!!).

I have iPhone 4, 32GB, iOS 5.1.1 (I also have iPad Mini, 64GB, iOS 6.1.2). Without going into a different topic tangent, there's ABSOLUTELY no way I'm going to upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS6 because I HATE the AppleMap (extraordinarily inaccurate) and I rely on the native GoogleMap app.

Anyways, my compliments to the developers for putting together an absolutely fabulous app. I'm using it daily on the iPad. When my iPhone 4 dies (in a couple of years?), I'll be sure to get the Marvin for iPhone (hey, unless you guys want to tweak the code to make it work on iOS 5? No, I didn't think so *sniff* *tears*).

Cheers.

Last edited by FatCatElvis; 09-13-2013 at 06:34 PM.
FatCatElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #98
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
So download the new Google maps app when you update to iOS 6. This isn't a drama.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #99
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
I bought Marvin for iPhone this morning. I haven't gotten to play with it much because I've been at an Assistive Tech conference. But it looks amazing! Are the themes hidden? I want to buy the pink one to match my iPad!!! This week is full of win because Reeder 2 and Marvin!!!!
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #100
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCatElvis View Post
Very sad right now *sniff*.

Have Marvin for iPad (absolutely love it). Been waiting anxiously for iPhone version. Found the direct link on Marvin website to install it. Paid for it (one of the very few apps I'll actually pay for... think it's worth more than $4.99 though), and just as I thought it was finished installing on my iPhone.... I get a message saying I need to upgrade to iOS6! (Ahhh!!).

I have iPhone 4, 32GB, iOS 5.1.1 (I also have iPad Mini iOS 6.1.2). Without going into a different topic tangent, there's ABSOLUTELY no way I'm going to upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS6 because I HATE the AppleMap (extraordinarily inaccurate) and I rely on the native GoogleMap app.

Anyways, my compliments to the developers for putting together an absolutely fabulous app. I'm using it daily on the iPad. When my iPhone 4 dies (in a couple of years?), I'll be sure to get the Marvin for iPhone (hey, unless you guys want to tweak the code to make it work on iOS 5? No, I didn't think so *sniff* *tears*).

Cheers.

You know there is a Google Map app available, right? My first iPhone is the 5 -- currently running 6.1.4 -- so I've never used any earlier maps and have no idea if the updated version fixes your concern.

I do have Google Map on my home screen instead of the Apple one and I use that when I'm just looking at a map, not driving somewhere. For driving directions, I use Waze because I like it's traffic alerts and automatic re-routing.

Back on topic, I don't have access to itunes here, but I'm looking forward to checking Marvin out as soon as I can. I'm using Bluefire now and didn't know about Marvin until the forum popped up. It looks like I've been missing out!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #101
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCatElvis View Post
just as I thought it was finished installing on my iPhone.... I get a message saying I need to upgrade to iOS6! (Ahhh!!).
Whaaaat?

I thought the App Store would not let you buy at all if the iOS version was too low. At least, I remember that happening before when I tried to buy apps that required a higher iOS version.

You should be able to get a refund from Apple.

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #102
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@FatCatElvis - Yes. The App Store should have prevented the purchase. I suppose you can contact Apple for a refund (I can't help you, never done it)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marvin_for_iPhone_and_iPod_touch_for_iPhone__iPod_touch__and_iPad_on_the_iTunes_App_Store.png
Views:	303
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	110991
Old 09-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #103
kguil
Addict

@JBaby. Thanks. Yes, I didn't make the in-app purchases obvious. See attached screenshot for a quick guide.

Name:	iOS_Simulator_-_iPhone___iOS_6.1__10B141_.png
Views:	307
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	110992
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #104
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Only location sync to start with.
What does this mean? Only location sync to start?

Let me ask the question this way: If I am reading on Marvin iPad app and then go to Marvin iPhone, at this time, will the Marvin iPhone app be able to pick up where I left off on the iPad?

Also, dumb question but I would have to send the box to my iPhone or download from Dropbox? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Last edited by chilady1; 09-13-2013 at 07:27 PM.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #105
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you enable the sync feature (home screen, settings, Dropbox service tab), when you leave a book or close Marvin, a sync record is written to Dropbox.

When you open Marvin on another device, you must manually sync (book reading screen, with toolbars showing, sync icon on bottom right).

And yes, you can load books directly thru any of the cloud services out there.

Art
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379115955.513599.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	110997  
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote