Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #16
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've now played with Marvin for the past hour or so, and there is no doubt...
It is a VERY fine reading app!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #17
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Yay!!! I can't wait to start using Marvin! I've had it on my iPad for a while now, but I haven't really used it much since I read on my iPad and iPhone equally. At this time iBooks is the best app for me. iBooks is a dumb app, but sync trumps all. I can't use any ereading app that doesn't have a sync capability no matter how awesome the app is. And Marvin is a really, really awesome app.

BTW, I'm so glad Marvin is getting a new icon. I understand the significance behind the glasses icon, but I always thought the icon needed a makeover.
JBaby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #18
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Exciting! I can't wait...

Question: Is it a universal app, or a separate app?

Also... just a quick bit of feedback. Looking at your webpage and saw this picture:

http://media.tumblr.com/5a455d1817dc...eRl1qz4rgp.png

It should read "Try to...?" ("and" --> "to" && . --> ? (I believe it's asking a question))
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #19
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Question: Is it a universal app, or a separate app?
Separate & paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Also... just a quick bit of feedback. Looking at your webpage and saw this picture:

http://media.tumblr.com/5a455d1817dc...eRl1qz4rgp.png

It should read "Try to...?" ("and" --> "to" && . --> ? (I believe it's asking a question))
I agree. While "Try and..." instead of "Try to" is perfectly idiomatic English, it's not really appropriate for software user interface.

Here is a rewording that might be used, perhaps:

Quote:
Try to make text in the book have one size?
(Only use this if your book has tiny text.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #20
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@Stitchawl: Of course, I think it is better Marvin for iPad was and will remain free for the foreseeable future. Why don't you download it and take it for a spin? If you have difficulties, I'm more than happy to help. You can also check out some change logs and tutorials on blog.marvinapp.com to get an idea.

@everyone: Thanks a million. Again, I have to say thanks to all of you guys on MR - a number of cool features I added over the past 9 months were your great ideas.

Last edited by kguil; 09-03-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Typo
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #21
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@Stitchawl: Of course, I think it is better Marvin for iPad was and will remain free for the foreseeable future. Why don't you download it and take it for a spin? If you have difficulties, I'm more than happy to help. You can also check out some change logs and tutorials on blog.marvinapp.com to get an idea.
That is exactly what I did when Faterson gave me the link. I put it on my iPad, threw some books into Dropbox, sync'd them to my iPad, and began exploring the Marvin app. I'm not one to sit around waiting...
Everything I've found so far has been well thought out and nicely designed. Certainly easy enough to use without needing a set of instructions in my other hand to use it. I'm sure as time goes on I'll discover quite a bit more that will be useful to me with Marvin. It's a fine program!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #22
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@twowheels: M for iPhone and iPad will be two separate apps. The reason is that M for iPhone requires iOS 6 or better and I want M for iPad to work on iOS 5 devices too. This also allows keep M for iPad free and feature-complete.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #23
kguil
Addict

@twowheels: re "try" and "try to", you're right. I'll fix that.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #24
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I'm very excited. It's been a long wait.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
FredipusRex
Enthusiast
FredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
New logo

While the new logo is nice (big M for Marvin stylized as an open book), I must be the only person outside of Kris who liked the old one. It was distinctive - it was very easy to pick out from the plethora of simple icons that dot my iPad.

Oh well - the red background is still distinctive!
FredipusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #26
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredipusRex View Post
While the new logo is nice (big M for Marvin stylized as an open book), I must be the only person outside of Kris who liked the old one. It was distinctive - it was very easy to pick out from the plethora of simple icons that dot my iPad.

Oh well - the red background is still distinctive!
You're not the only one. I much preferred the old logo. The new one looks boring and uncreative.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #27
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
The new one looks boring and uncreative.
Not at all boring, and very creative, to my mind. I had never before thought of the shape of the letter M as resembling an open book. I would prefer a darker shade of red, but one can't have everything.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Best news ever!
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #29
FredipusRex
Enthusiast
FredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I think the new design is clever and certainly more 'sleek' - it's just not as distinctive to my eyes. But really, if that's the only thing to complain about...
FredipusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #30
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

There are many things to complain about, but one step at a time... Releasing the iPhone version is a HUGE step forward.