Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
a twig
a twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura abouta twig has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Bricked itself

Was happily reading last night, when the glo screen flickered and died, then a few seconds later, the kobo froze.

Tried all manner of resets to no avail (paperclip, glo light button and sliding on/off). Plugging it back into my laptop restored a bit of life - so I charged it until it had 100% battery (it was already displaying 96% so I'm discounting battery issues), then tried again. All was fine until I attempted to turn on the glo light - at which point it froze.

This became a cycle - attempt the glo light - freeze - plug into PC and perform a reset - limited operation restored until glo light attempted again.

As a last resort I attempted a factory reset - this went well - I plugged into my laptop as requested, it installed all my books etc and updated. I then unplugged it as directed, and it has since been frozen on the re-starting screen, and no amount of resets or plugging in can do anything.

Off to take it back to WHSmiths today...
a twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Yes, it needs to be replaced!
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert