Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
tolham
tolham began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 6p
sending ebooks to windows phone 8

Hello everyone.

i just got a windows phone - lumia 920 - and i can't for the life of me figure out how to import ebooks from my PC to the kindle app on my phone. calibre detects my phone and has an option to send books to the device, but when i do that the books don't show up in the kindle app (calibre creates a folder on the phone called "books" with the ebooks in it, but this is apparently invisible to the windows phone). my previous phone was the droidX and i could navigate to the kindle folder and drag+drop ebooks via windows explorer. with the lumia, i can't find the ebook folder anywhere. i've even tried downloading an ebook in the kindle app (and i'm able to read it like normal), but it's nowhere to be found when i try looking for it in windows explorer.

anyone else have a windows phone, or any ideas?
tolham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
pro2type
pro2type began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Right now it can only be used to read books bought directly on amazon.com. Could change in a update.
pro2type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #3
56up
56up began at the beginning.

Device: Android, iPad
I see this post is over a year old and there is still no resolution to the problem. However, the Nokia reader can download from Skydrive, so I copy and paste the EPUB into Skydrive and load from there. It's a pain as you have to do it individually for each book.

But it does work, especially if, like me, you just use it every now and then when you have a few moments to kill.
56up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
zgligo
zgligo began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia Lumia 930 (WP 8.1)
Hello Calibre and Windows phone 8 funs!

Maybe I write this post to late, maybe similar post exists on this forum still, but I want share my experience. I have Nokia Lumia 930 (WP 8.1) phone. It is very easy to connect and import books between Calibre and phone via USB cable. Problem is in WP 8.1 stupid rules:
We can manage only some folders in windows phone: Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Playlists, Ringtones and Videos. Tolham is right: calibre creates a folder on the phone called "books" with the ebooks inside, but this is apparently invisible to the windows phone.

Because of this, you can change Calibre settings for device:
1. In Calibre menu choose “Device / configure this device”,
2. In “Configure windows phone” window, “A list of folders on the device to which to send ebooks” must be changed from “Books” to “Documents” or other visible WP 8 folder or subfolder,
3. Also, you can change folder name in “Format specific sending” rule from “Books” to “Documents”,
4. Reconnect phone and restart calibre and try to import some books. It will work!
(P.S. I used Nokia lumia 930 - windows phone 8.1, USB cable, Tucan reader or Bookviser reader and it work very well / see attachment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	144688  
zgligo is offline   Reply With Quote