Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-30-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
richstant
richstant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Viewing series number on Kobo Glo HD

Hi,

I've just bought a Kobo Glo HD, and am using calibre to put some epubs on it. I've used the goodreads plugin to add series information (including series, and book number within the series). I've also created some collections roughly based on book series. I've seen pictures on the web where the book listing on the kobo shows the series number under the title/author - yet mine doesn't do that. Is there something I need to do on the kobo to view the series number? Or is there something in calibre that needs to be changed?

Thanks!
richstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richstant View Post
Hi,
I've seen pictures on the web where the book listing on the kobo shows the series number under the title/author - yet mine doesn't do that. Is there something I need to do on the kobo to view the series number? Or is there something in calibre that needs to be changed?
Calibre will update the metadata of your epubs with the series info, and your Kobo should read this; I know mine (an H2O) does. Set your metadata handling to 'automatic' (if it isn't already), and note that the series metadata will only get updated on your Kobo the second time you connect it! So connect your Kobo, send the books, eject it and connect it again. After that, the series info should be there.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
richstant
richstant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the reply - all sorted, I hadn't checked the 'send series info' button in the kobo plugin settings.
richstant is offline   Reply With Quote