Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #76
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I just tried out the updated plugin with my Kindle app. It worked like a charm. All of my sideloaded books showed up in DOCS, so I can't add them to any collections. Is there a way to get them to show up in BOOKS instead (either with a future plugin release or some other way via Calibre)? Ta!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #77
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
I just tried out the updated plugin with my Kindle app. It worked like a charm. All of my sideloaded books showed up in DOCS, so I can't add them to any collections. Is there a way to get them to show up in BOOKS instead (either with a future plugin release or some other way via Calibre)? Ta!
I believe you can use the Quality Check plugin to change a MOBI from PDOC to EBOK.

G
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #78
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I believe you can use the Quality Check plugin to change a MOBI from PDOC to EBOK.

G
I took a handful of MOBI files and reconverted them with the EBOK tag added and they still went to DOCS in the app. But now they will go into collections. So yay!

Last edited by anesthezea; 09-23-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: added to response
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #79
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did some googling and came across lots of articles like this one http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...ebook-library/

That link refers to the Kindle Fire but the advice should be valid.

G
Old 09-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #80
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Is anyone else having issues with the Calibre to Mavin plug-in? First, when I connected my iPad, it didn't recognize the device.

The second time I connected, it saw the device but then generated a message indicating a Calibre timed out. Not sure what happened. I did just recently upgrade my iPad to the latest software of 7.0.2 - not sure if that has any bearing on the situation.

I will try and connect again and upload the error message. Thanks!

P.S. The below is what I am getting when trying to send books to the deivce

u'st_size'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 480, in _books
File "/var/folders/z6/d5fyf6kx3v1__0w3cjs2gwfr0000gn/T/calibre_1.5.0_tmp_E8aW2j/bUbEzh_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 314, in books
KeyError: u'st_size'

Last edited by chilady1; 09-28-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #81
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the Calibre to Mavin plug-in? First, when I connected my iPad, it didn't recognize the device.

The second time I connected, it saw the device but then generated a message indicating a Calibre timed out. Not sure what happened. I did just recently upgrade my iPad to the latest software of 7.0.2 - not sure if that has any bearing on the situation.

I will try and connect again and upload the error message. Thanks!
@chilady1 - I have updated all of my iDevices to 7.0.2 and I have not experienced any problems connecting to Marvin.

Two things that I do after every iOS update that may or may not help you:

1) Do a hard restart of the device - hold the Home and Power buttons until the device shuts off and then you see the Apple logo, at which time you release the buttons.

2) Settings|General|Reset|Reset Network Settings. After the device restarts, you will need to re-enter Wifi passwords.

If you're still experiencing problems, create an issue with a debug log as described in the first post in this thread.

G

--edit-- I tried sending a book as you did and I'm not seeing the error you're seeing. I recommend the hard reset in step 1 as described above.

Last edited by GRiker; 09-28-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #82
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks G - as a matter of fact, now that I think about, I don't remember re-booting the iPad after the update and I am positive that is the issue.

Thanks for the quick answer - it's something I should have thought about.

P.S. Everything working as it should - I didn't re-boot and that caused the problems.

Last edited by chilady1; 09-28-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #83
chilady1
I devour books!

So this is what I am getting when I try to connect my iPad to Calibre - I did re-boot the device after the upgrade to 7.0 and I also per GRiker's instructions re-set the network settings. After that, Calibre is still have issues with detecting the iPad and it is a hit or miss when I do connect.

NULL pointer access

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 480, in _books
File "/var/folders/z6/d5fyf6kx3v1__0w3cjs2gwfr0000gn/T/calibre_1.5.0_tmp_GG6sXy/OIQSXT_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 316, in books
File "/var/folders/z6/d5fyf6kx3v1__0w3cjs2gwfr0000gn/T/calibre_1.5.0_tmp_GG6sXy/OIQSXT_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 181, in _get_marvin_cover
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 567, in read
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 1019, in _afc_get_file_info
ValueError: NULL pointer access
Old 10-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #84
GRiker

@chilady1,
Is the error you're reporting occurring consistently? If so, please create a GitHub issue with a debug log.

There have been a few instances of crashes similar to the one you report filed at the GitHub issue tracking site. I have not been able to pinpoint the source of the problem, nor replicate it on any of my iDevices. Here are the steps that have been found to work for most of the people initially reporting similar problems. Each of these steps should be tried individually.
  1. Update to the most recent version of iTunes. If you have iOS7 on your iDevice, you need iTunes 11.1 or later.
  2. Update to the most recent version of calibre.
  3. Exit calibre. Disconnect the iDevice. Restart the computer. Reconnect the iDevice. Restart calibre.
  4. Exit calibre. With the iDevice connected, start iTunes, confirming that your iDevice is shown as a connected device. With iTunes running, start calibre.
  5. Exit calibre, disconnect the iDevice. Do a hard reset on the iDevice by pressing and holding the Home and Power buttons until the iDevice shuts off and you then see the Apple logo, then release the buttons. Reconnect the iDevice! restart calibre.
  6. Reinstall iTunes on your computer.
  7. Create a backup of your iDevice using iCloud or iTunes! then restore the installation of iOS7 on your iDevice.

Please report back if one of these steps resolves the problem for you.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 10-07-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #85
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
completely uninstalling the iOS Reader plugin, the Annotations plugin (if still there), the Marvin Plugin and just reinstalling the iOS reader plugin and Marvin plugin not an option?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #86
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Hi, I can send an epub book to ibooks without a problem, but every time I try to send a PDF, calibre asks me, if I want to convert it. Both epub and pdf are checked the settings for the plugin. Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #87
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindasauge View Post
Hi, I can send an epub book to ibooks without a problem, but every time I try to send a PDF, calibre asks me, if I want to convert it. Both epub and pdf are checked the settings for the plugin. Any ideas?
Assuming that both EPUB and PDF are enabled in the plugin's configuration dialog, you should be able to send PDFs to iBooks.

Try restarting calibre. If you're still having a problem, create an issue at the GutHub issue tracker with a debug log as described in the first post in this thread.

G
Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #88
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I'm running into a bit of a problem with the Marvin XM plug in. I've assigned all my ebooks to collections in Calibre and want to export the collections to Marvin on my iPad. Unfortunately, when the export collections from Calibre selection is greyed out. I'm not sure what the issue is. I do have the collections assigned to a custom column call collection in the plugin setup. Anyone have any ideas? This is on a mac.

thanks
Old 10-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #89
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Figured it out. I needed to start the column name with a lower case rather than upper case, so Collection and Collections didn't work, but collections did.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #90
GRiker

Problems with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

There have been significant changes to the way that Apple manages ebooks under OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). Selecting iBooks as your preferred reader application while running calibre under OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) does not work.

At this time, I have no idea if or when this situation might be resolved.

As an alternative to iBooks, consider Marvin for ePubs, and GoodReader for PDFs, both supported by this plugin.

Marvin has a dedicated MobileRead forum.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 10-24-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Closed Thread