Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
OlleF
Enthusiast
OlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Opus, Irex 1000
Question Story and sunshine...

At last, it is summer even here in Sweden. But when I am sitting in the sun and turn pages on my Story, the screen gets very pale if the sun is directly on the screen and is normal in the shade.
Any ideas how to fix this?
When I turn pages on my Irex 1000 the problem does not appear.
OlleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
This is a flaw in some readers, Olle. I have this problem with my Sony PRS-505. Others with the same device don't. Luck of the draw, I guess.

We're not short of sun on the French Riviera, but I've managed to very simply get around this hitch. I bought myself a leather, flip-top cover for my machine. Held easily and comfortably in one hand, the flap very effectively shades the screen and text displays perfectly.

Sorry I don't know if there's a similar cover available for the iRiver (mine is iEasy, now re-branded Tuffluv). Check out 'accessories'.

Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
kafkaesque1978
kafkaesque1978 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story + Prs 600
I get this with my iRiver Story and my gf gets it (worse) with her sony prs. I only notice it in direct strong sunlight (which I don't experience too often). My solution: shade reader whilst turning the page.

It doesn't appear to be a big problem though.
kafkaesque1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:13 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
On my Sony 505, Kafka, the text can disappear completely in a few seconds without the shade. I'm in France and the reader was bought in the UK, so this simple method is much better than going to all the hassle involved in asking for a replacement device. It seems from what others have said here, though, that manufacturers and retailers are aware of the problem with some screens and will offer a swap. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote