Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Will Amazon officially support custom screen-savers in the next 3-6 months?
Yes 5 19.23%
No 10 38.46%
50/50 9 34.62%
boombox 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone
Will official support for custom screen-savers ever come?

Hey everyone. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this subject. Many of the current ereaders (sony ereaders, nook, etc...) allow custom screen-savers. I know this is probably a subject that's been covered before, and I understand there's the hack to get around it, but I was wondering what everyone thought the probability was of Amazon officially supporting this within the next 3-6 months. Do people here think it's likely or unlikely? I know they're working on a folder/tagging solution, maybe they're going to incorporate this too?

Last edited by Badandy; 12-19-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Doesn't really seem terribly important to me. YMMV.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Maybe. Definitely before the close of 2010. They will do so to stay ahead of B&N's Nook. Amazon will also release a touchscreen version with a slightly larger screen than the current K2. I, Nostrasharpus, have thus written, and thus it will be done.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
They used to allow it and I really hope they start allowing it again. If you have a custom skin, it is especially nice to have the custom screen saver that goes with it. The big skull on my Kindle 1 was oh so cool (at least I thought I so).
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Hmm, I'm very anxious for this release, then I've voted for Yes
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
lopez
lopez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
more important to me is ability to set time than have custom screen saver
lopez is offline   Reply With Quote