Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #1
nbolla
nbolla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic
Mobi Format ebooks

Hi,

I'm resident of India and recently Amazon Launched Amazon.in website.

I'm interested in reading books and would like to purchase basic kindle($69) as it serves the sole purpose of book reading.

I've many mobi format ebooks downloaded randomly from torrents and [pirate site deleted - MODERATOR].

I have kindle for pc app and those books can be easily read on that.

My question for you guys is that whether kindle basic supports reading of above mentioned books when i transfer it to kindle.

I know that kindle doesn't support DRM protected content and would like to know from various users who might have transferred books from other sources than Amazon website for book reading.

It would be a waste of time and money for me if im unable to read those books if there is a restriction.

I would really like to get your views as most of you might have used kindle and are very much familiar with this kind of stuff.

Regards,
nbolla.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-30-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
We will not permit MobileRead's forums to be used to either request or give support for ebook piracy. Ask again, and you'll be instantly and permanently banned.

Thread closed.
Advert
Closed Thread