Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Crash when downloading metadata

Calibre 0.8.21 on Ubuntu 11.04 is occasionally crashing when downloading metadata.

I can't reproduce this, but it has occurred several times while doing downloads to the point where I wanted to post it. Here's what I have.

I selected about 20 books this time. They all had metadata and covers already, I just wanted to update them with current values and replace my original manual editing. I used Edit MetaData -> Download Metadata and Covers, and then selected to Download only Metadata. It completed and prompted me to update the data, and because I had edited a custom column for some of the books it prompted me again, and after confirming, calibre crashed. Restarting showed that Tags at least were not updated.

Its crashed previously with less books, and whether or not I've edited a custom column. I ran it again on the 20 books and it did not crash.

I had debug mode on this time and I can see it obtained the info on all 20 books ending with:
Code:
    The identify phase took 16.39 seconds
    The longest time (16.136557) was taken by: Amazon.com
    Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the xisbn service
    We have 1 merged results, merging took: 9.38 seconds
    Download complete, with 0 failures
This is the error message shown on the command line (as I was running from command line with debug in the hopes of catching a message at some point). NO guarantee that the traceback's had anything to do with this error as I don't know when they were printed.
Code:
  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 148, in _run_filetype_plugins
  File "calibre_plugins.ineptepub.__init__", line 433, in run
ADEPTError: IneptEpub - No keys found. Check keyfile(s)/ADE install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 148, in _run_filetype_plugins
  File "calibre_plugins.ignobleepub.__init__", line 319, in run
IGNOBLEError: IgnobleEpub - No keys found. Plugin not configured.
Segmentation fault
Its not much information, but maybe might suggest where the issue is.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do you happen to have one of the plugins installed that is mentioned in Alf's blog?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quite probably. Who knows what gets installed on this system when I'm not around
Old 10-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Those tracebacks are from epub drm removal plugins, try disabling them and see.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
meme
Sigil developer

I haven't seen it often enough yet to do that, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.
Advert