Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Chambers Dictionary 10th Edition

Chambers Dictionary (all 24.7MiB of it) is currently available at Fictionwise with a 77% micropay rebate. That takes it from $50 to $11.50, or from $42.50 to $9.77 if you're a fictionwise club member.

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook70285.htm

This discount /isn't/ available at booksonboard - I checked. Although there it is discounted to $43.

Paul
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
While discussing prices, is there no unifying site which searches a set of known eBook sites and presents the cheapest?

I am thinking along the lines of something similar to pricerunner.
It is quite tedious to search through every site manually.
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Thanks for the Tip. With the Micropay Rebate, the Chambers is an absulate steal.

I've been meaning to get a good dictionary, but could not justify paying full price at this time as I did not really need one that much at this time. But for this price, its somthing that should not be missed.

After all Us$11.50 is aprox £6. you can't even really get a pocket dictionary for that price.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Many thanks! Now I have less excuse not to update to something more recent than GCIDE.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've used this dictionary for a while now. Excellent - I thoroughly recommend it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:07 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post
While discussing prices, is there no unifying site which searches a set of known eBook sites and presents the cheapest?

I am thinking along the lines of something similar to pricerunner.
It is quite tedious to search through every site manually.
That is a good idea. If anyone here can cobble up such a site, I for one would use it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 AM   #7
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Yeah, a site like that would be just great.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thank you! I was looking at a dictionary and it seems several members here are happy with the Chambers, so I took advantage of the rebate. And with the rebate's amount I bought the Oxford Dictionary of World History, which I probably won't use much but it's been in my wishlist for several days and I just couldn't resist

This, by the way, is why I don't like this rebates system, which is calculated to make me buy books I may not have bought otherwise, because I feel they are "free", even though I know perfectly it's not true. Oh well, I still got three books for $50 that I would have gotten for about $78 at Books on board, so this time it was probably worth it

Florence
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #9
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Those deals are dangerous. I end up buying more books than what I should. I now have a micropay rebate of 70 dollars. It will take some reading spending that money.
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Exactly! And to illustrate this, it looks like the Oxford Dictionary of History is practically unusable on my CyBook. That'll teach me... maybe
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Went and bought mine too (my very first ebook purchase!!!!) and then treated myself to 'The Wee Free Men' (as recommended elsewhere, need something light after Crime & Punishment) with some of the rebate!
Very happy fairy!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #12
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Went and bought mine too (my very first ebook purchase!!!!) and then treated myself to 'The Wee Free Men' (as recommended elsewhere, need something light after Crime & Punishment) with some of the rebate!
Very happy fairy!
Congratulations!

I have bought 15 books so far, and will continue buying (I have only had my reader for 4 - 5 months).
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
I have really no experience in assembling such a site, but I can look into it.
It would be really neat.
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #14
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Very nice, I just bought it.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
these fictionwise deals are VERY dangerous.....

also I find that if I want these BIG discounts, they are only available on paypal/credit card sales only....in other words, not micropay....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote