Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
AL1432
AL1432 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3 / Palm T|X
All my MobiPocket .prc's became Kindle format

I don't know if anyone else has run into this or not. I have a large library of MobiPocket ebooks. Recently I also downloaded Amazon's "Kindle for PC" app, since some books simply are not available as MobiPocket ebooks. Having done this, I noticed that all of the .prc MobiPocket ebooks in the My eBooks directory would try, and fail, to open in Kindle for PC, not in Mobipocket Reader. I went into the My eBooks directory, selected one file, and right-clicked into Properties then changed the format FROM Kindle TO ebook. This converted all the other files in the directory back to ebook, and after this, all would once again open in MobiPocket Reader. Just posting this in case anyone else gets hit with this issue
AL1432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, it happened to me too. I hate when an application "takes the ownership" over a file type without saying it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I have similar problems, but:
- If the book has the Kindle icon it won't open with Mobipocket Reader until I remove the DRM
- Kindle for PC will open books with the usual Mobipocket icon
- My ECO Reader will read mobi or prc ebooks which have either icon - they've had the DRM removed of course.
- If I open a mobi or prc ebook in the My Kindle Content folder with the Kindle Reader it will write a copy of the file in the My Ebooks folder.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote