Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Only convert text option?

I've recently discovered Wikipedia's collections facility where I can bunch a group of articles together, download them as a file and then read them as if they were a book.

Problem is the wiki tool only gives me a few options to save the file (ODT, PDF and ZIM?) and these files all contain images etc. Is there a way I can use Calibre to convert to mobi and remove anything but the text? I'd like to have the structure stored as well but haven't sorted this either yet.

I know Kindle's can read wikipedia directly of the web but I'd prefer to save battery and just have a file I can read directly on the kindle. The result is still pretty good to be fair but I wondered if there is a text only option somewhere in the conversion and preferably a structure option to allow jumping between chapters.

Anyone know if there is a simple to download text version of wikipedia available for Kindles? and if so what size it might be?

Mike

Last edited by mike_bike_kite; 07-02-2012 at 09:31 AM.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Does the Wiki Reader plugin get close to what you want?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert