Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Question for those with magazine and newspaper subscriptions.

Can you save to memory card or the computer old issues, or is the old issue erased by the newest issue?

Thanks!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Someone who actually has their Kindle will have to verify, but I believe I've read that magazines and newspapers can be saved to a memory card and the Kindle itself will hold the last seven (not sure the exact number) issues.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Can you save to memory card or the computer old issues, or is the old issue erased by the newest issue?
Yes you can, they are just like any other .azw file. In addition, Amazon stores that most recent 10 issues of each subscription and allows you to re-download them via the content manager.

Bob
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
This is AWESOME Can't wait for my Kindle. I didn't know why I was getting 2 readers (Kindle and Sony) but now I know I love the Kindle features but can't take it to work (I work for a bank and the wireless and keyboard and big no-nos) but the Sony is ok, so I have a reader for all occasions Although I've stopped buying Sony content (14 books+100 classics, $30 out-of-pocket) and will start buying multiformat books and converting.

I'll be getting quite a few subscriptions. I'll have a kindle sometime this month!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote