Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
sha80
sha80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Kindle 4 NT gets frozen in a sleep mode

Hello!
I have a Kindle 4 NT for more than a year and it was just perfect, but once I hadn't use it for a long time and when I got it there was a screen with a message to charge it. So I did. Then I turned it on and everything was fine until it went to a sleep mode with a screensaver. I pressed the 'ON' button but nothing happened. I followed the instruction on the amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...829000#restart. My Kindle rebooted and everything was OK until it went to sleep again. I pressed the 'ON' button but the Kindle didn't wake up. I also noticed that there was no green light at all, only yellow one when I charge the Kindle with the adapter or when I plug it into my computer.
When I plug the Kindle into a computer it doesn't recognize the Kindle unless I hold the button for 20 seconds and it gets rebooted. Then it is recognized as a USB drive.
I tried to reset the Kindle to the factory settings but it didn't change anything, the problem still remains. Then I reflashed the main and diagnostic partitions, it didn't help. Then I reflashed partitions and the main kernel, and it still gets frozen in a sleep mode.
Everything else works as usual, I can read books, use Wi-Fi, and so on but if I don't use it for 10 minutes it goes to a sleep mode and gets frozen and I have to reboot it which takes a long time.
Could you please advise me how I can fix this problem?
Regards,
Alexander
sha80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try doing a Factory Reset and see if that helps.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you've already tried that. No idea, in that case - sorry. What do Kindle Customer Service say?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
sha80

They sent me the instructions similar to http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...829000#restart.

Unfortunately my warranty has expired.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
You can try to reflash the firmware with Kubrick LiveCD/LiveUSB.
That might help.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
sha80

Thanx for advice, I'll give it a try. I am already charging my Kindle.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
sha80

I just used Kubrick, it didn't help.
I noticed that a reboot command freezes my Kindle and in order to continue rebooting I have to press the 'ON' button.

Maybe it's hardware (or a battery)?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
sha80

My Kindle goes to a sleep mode in 10 minutes. Do you think it's possible to increase this time to 7 days or more?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
On the home screen, type this:
Code:
;debugOn
then this:
Code:
~disableScreensaver
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote