Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
JohnsnowNW
JohnsnowNW began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Availability of the 505.

Has anyone had trouble finding the (Dark Blue) 505. Everyone seems to be out of them, that is, everyone selling them under $299. Has anyone heard if there is a shortage? I just need to know whether to cancel my order and just purchase one with the higher price. Thanks.

JohnSnowNW
JohnsnowNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
SonyStyle seems to have it.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665245740
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
Actually, I couldn't find one in either color around here. I ended up ordering mine from Crutchfield and paying for overnight shipping.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #4
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
I'm visiting LA and found one easily enough at the the Sony store in the Beverly Centre. I bought it and took it back an hour later due to it looking purple in bright sunlight. Happy with the silver one now
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsnowNW View Post
Has anyone had trouble finding the (Dark Blue) 505. Everyone seems to be out of them, that is, everyone selling them under $299. Has anyone heard if there is a shortage? I just need to know whether to cancel my order and just purchase one with the higher price. Thanks.

JohnSnowNW
I got mine from Data Vision for $279 shipped. Mine arrived today and the last time I checked they were still showing stock on the blue & silver.

http://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/produ...prrfnbr=472536

Last edited by Astropin; 12-07-2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: To add link
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
I got mine from Data Vision for $279 shipped. Mine arrived today and the last time I checked they were still showing stock on the blue & silver.

http://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/produ...prrfnbr=472536
This may be a bit , but..
May I ask how many days it took from order to delivery when you purchased one from datavis? I am thinking about buying one from datavis, but I need to get it by the end of the next week.

Thanks for your help.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilwork View Post
This may be a bit , but..
May I ask how many days it took from order to delivery when you purchased one from datavis? I am thinking about buying one from datavis, but I need to get it by the end of the next week.

Thanks for your help.

It took them 5 business days to get it to me with standard (free) shipping.
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
It took them 5 business days to get it to me with standard (free) shipping.
If that is the case, I guess I should choose not-free shipping option.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
csmith75
csmith75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ordered a dark blue PRS-505 from the SonyStyle store. It was supposed to ship on 12.5.07, but it's still listed as processing. I've called twice and emailed and can't get a decent explanation as to why it hasn't shipped. I'm starting to think they don't have it in stock.
csmith75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
csmith75 where is it you live? Do you have a local Sony Style store?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:17 AM   #11
JohnsnowNW

Thanks for the info so far. CostCentral is where I have placed my order, and they just keep changing the "Back-in-Stock" date every time their estimate is reached. Quite annoying. I may check into some of the other suggested retailers.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...31918/froogle/
Old 12-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #12
JohnsnowNW

Update:

So, I'm canceling my order through CostCentral. I want to order through Datavision.com...but they don't seem to have a positive seller rating. Has anyone had trouble ordering from them?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
urseus
urseus began at the beginning.

Device: Reader
Oh man, youve got to get silver. We are reading books IN THE FUTURE!! You have to look the part. Its so pretty and sleek. Blue looks like it would get chucked around uncaringly alot.
urseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #14
JohnsnowNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by urseus View Post
Oh man, youve got to get silver. We are reading books IN THE FUTURE!! You have to look the part. Its so pretty and sleek. Blue looks like it would get chucked around uncaringly alot.
Future smuture...I've never liked the look of sliver electronics, and I think the dark blue is more my style. I went ahead and ordered the reader from Sony Style. After the Cost Central debacle, I'm just going to go straight to the source. I'd only save $20 ordering through Datavision, and that's not enough to sway me.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #15
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
yeah - i thought the same regarding the dark blue version being for me and all that.

until i flew 12 hours and saw one in the flesh that is

looked great in the shop - a lovely deep blue, almost navy blue. i took it out of the shop and sat down at the nearest cafe to check it out only discover (IMO) that the unit looked completely different in natural light! it took on a really purple tinge that i didn't like at all!

back to the shop and a quick change to silver and i'm a very happy man each to their own of course, YMMV etc..............
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote