Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Custom Column for Identifiers, or combined with ISBN?

Is it possible to have 'Identifiers' as a custom column, or better still combine it with the ISBN custom column so if there is no ISBN it shows the Identifier instead? Thanks.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Vortex - create a custom column of type Column built from other columns, behaves like tags with template {identifiers}

It won't be very pretty.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
Vortex
Groupie

Actually that's just what I was looking for, it shows the ISBN if there is one or an Identifier if not. Means I can remove the ISBN column and see at a glance whether the books has been identified or not.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Why bloat your DB (affects performance) using a custom column, with something that can be done with a filter or VL ?

From the Users guide
identifiers:=isbn: and identifiers:isbn:true will find books with a type equal to isbn having any value
identifiers:=isbn:false will find books with no type equal to isbn.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #5
Vortex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Vortex - create a custom column of type Column built from other columns, behaves like tags with template {identifiers}

It won't be very pretty.

BR
It's Brilliant, I love it.

Can I make the column 'enterable', so I can enter the identifiers by clicking on the box in the main interface the same way we now can do it with Authors, Title and Series ?
Old 01-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
It's Brilliant, I love it.

Can I make the column 'enterable', so I can enter the identifiers by clicking on the box in the main interface the same way we now can do it with Authors, Title and Series ?
No
You make entries in the main column it was built from
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 01:01 PM   #7
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
Does anyone know if there's a way to do the opposite, I need to make custom column data into an identifier.

I've been extracting the first link from inside the epub file and putting them in a links column. I want those to be a url: identifier. (This is for ao3 fanfiction, I understand fanficfare does this but only when downloading metadata from ao3 and I want to avoid that step.)
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote