Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #586
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
I spent the weekend spending 2800 coins, afraid they might expire. Kept 499 as a trial, still there this morning.
I prefer utilities, productivity, and 'tools' , spending was mostly just a case of getting around to making selections-- upgraded some apps that I already use and like, bought a few that were on my radar, took a flier on buying a couple 'on spec' without having time to really check out the free version.
I'll have to admit the process of picking stuff was way harder than I thought it might be-- appstore daily freebies had filled a lot of the slots I looked at (...oops, I already own that....)
KentE
Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #587
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I didn't lose any either, that's a good policy on Amazon's part. Especially since there's no easy way to tell when your coins expire.
Advert
Old 06-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #588
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I wish I could spend coins on other things, like Prime movies. I have the hardest time trying to find what to spend them on.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #589
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
I'll have to admit the process of picking stuff was way harder than I thought it might be-- appstore daily freebies had filled a lot of the slots I looked at (...oops, I already own that....)
KentE

I had the same problem, but there are others that Amazon doesn't have or they have only an old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I wish I could spend coins on other things, like Prime movies. I have the hardest time trying to find what to spend them on.
Or better yet, Kindle books!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #590
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Or better yet, Kindle books!
I'd actually buy coins occasionally to use on Kindle books, since I'd get a discount. Maybe that's why they haven't expanded it.
Advert
Old 06-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #591
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I'd actually buy coins occasionally to use on Kindle books, since I'd get a discount. Maybe that's why they haven't expanded it.
I would too!
Old 08-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #592
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon -- Free App Bundle -- exp 15 Aug

Here's another free app bundle from Amazon. This time it's 39 apps valued over $90. Offer ends August 15, 2015 11:59PM PDT.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #593
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Here's another free app bundle from Amazon. This time it's 39 apps valued over $90. Offer ends August 15, 2015 11:59PM PDT.
Thanks for posting that, tubemonkey!
Old 08-15-2015, 03:18 AM   #594
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:

Thanks, I had all but about 10 of them myself.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:03 PM   #595
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Heads up! The received wisdom seemed to be that, judging from the TOU, any activity using coins at the Amazon app store kept all your coins active, and that the "expiration in a year" clause applied only to inactive accounts. But I just went into my app store account to download an app I own, and I saw that over 20,000 coins were gone from my account; I had acquired a boatload of coins in July 2014 and obviously now they've expired.

Oh, well. I never saw anything I wanted anyway, but I'd have splurged on a pricey app had I known. The TOU are grossly deceptive on the face of it and I'm a little peeved.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #596
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Heads up! The received wisdom seemed to be that, judging from the TOU, any activity using coins at the Amazon app store kept all your coins active, and that the "expiration in a year" clause applied only to inactive accounts. But I just went into my app store account to download an app I own, and I saw that over 20,000 coins were gone from my account; I had acquired a boatload of coins in July 2014 and obviously now they've expired.

Oh, well. I never saw anything I wanted anyway, but I'd have splurged on a pricey app had I known. The TOU are grossly deceptive on the face of it and I'm a little peeved.
20,000 coins (= $200.00) ???

I received a bunch of coins in May & Jul 2014 and they're still in my account. My last two purchases with coins were in Dec 2014 and Aug 2015.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #597
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
20,000 coins (= $200.00) ???

I received a bunch of coins in May & Jul 2014 and they're still in my account. My last two purchases with coins were in Dec 2014 and Aug 2015.
Lol, thanks. One too many zeros.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #598
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I sent Amazon a feedback as to why the Fire Phone didn't support Amazon Underground. Their reply was a "does not support Amazon Underground at this time". As a goodwill gesture, they gave me 5,000 Amazon Coins ($50 in value). Now I have over 10,000 coins in my account and the apps I want to buy are only in Google Play.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 AM   #599
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
I sent Amazon a feedback as to why the Fire Phone didn't support Amazon Underground. Their reply was a "does not support Amazon Underground at this time". As a goodwill gesture, they gave me 5,000 Amazon Coins ($50 in value). Now I have over 10,000 coins in my account and the apps I want to buy are only in Google Play.
If Amazon should ever allow coins to be used on eBooks you'll be sitting pretty though.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #600
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
As a goodwill gesture, they gave me 5,000 Amazon Coins ($50 in value). Now I have over 10,000 coins in my account and the apps I want to buy are only in Google Play.
Wow, you're coin-rich!

It would be difficult to find $100 worth of apps I wanted to buy at Amazon! The last time I had a large amount of Coins nearing expiration, I searched by price sorted highest to lowest.
Closed Thread