Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It might be worthwhile doing a sync to see if there is an update for your Glo.
I did a sync as part of the initial setup on Oct. 2. Just to be sure, I just did it again. The Glo is still at the same firmware level as before and the shelf options are still not there. Curious
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #17
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Shelves in 2.1.4 on Glo

My mistake. I had not created any shelves. As soon as I created one, the full functionality of adding books to shelves using @davidfor's advice became available. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of them now with this new capability. The Calibre update (Friday?) should make it even better!

Thanks,
Gil
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstonian View Post
The Calibre update (Friday?) should make it even better!
Today!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #19
bopfan
bopfan began at the beginning.

Device: LG G-Pad II, Kobo Aura, Mac Mini, Asus MEmoPad
I am considering the purchase of a Kobo Aura. I have a Mac Mini as my desktop computer. I have a hundred or so epub titles stored on the hard drive of the Mac Mini. So here's the question: Can I move those epub titles onto a microSD card, insert the card into the Aura and access those files? I have been doing this very process on an android tablet using either Mantano Reader and/or Moon Reader. Easy peasy. Will I be able to do transfer those files on to the Kobo device? Thanks
bopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopfan View Post
I am considering the purchase of a Kobo Aura. I have a Mac Mini as my desktop computer. I have a hundred or so epub titles stored on the hard drive of the Mac Mini. So here's the question: Can I move those epub titles onto a microSD card, insert the card into the Aura and access those files? I have been doing this very process on an android tablet using either Mantano Reader and/or Moon Reader. Easy peasy. Will I be able to do transfer those files on to the Kobo device? Thanks
Yes, if you put the epubs on a micro SD card and insert it into a Kobo Aura, the device will see the books on the card and allow you to read them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2016, 08:52 PM   #21
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
It is not a good idea to read pdf in ereader.
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:50 AM   #22
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
This is a 2012 thread.

Meanwhile, the best way to organise your books is by using shelves (collection) in Calibre. You can put them on a card and then put the card into the device, but they will not be organised that way, and shelving manually on the device is slow and cumbersome compared to shelving with Calibre.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:33 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopfan View Post
I would suggest the Kobo Aura H2O. The screen on the Aura is a bit fuzzy and the H2O is so much nicer to read from. The h2O does have a card slot.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote