Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
c_omran
c_omran began at the beginning.

Device: none
Recommended stores to order pocketbook

Hi all,

I'm Cherif, from Egypt, I'm new to the forum,
I am so interested in the pocketbook pro 912 and want to order it, but I'm confused among all online stores, so what do you recommend for me ??
c_omran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
c_omran

ofcourse I mean international online stores not Egyptian stores, or at which site u made ur pocketbook order, and what was your experience ??
Old 07-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
welcome to the forum! I've ordered form both www.greenreader.co.uk and the german pocketbook shop (using google translate, as I do not understand German), and in both cases I've had a very good experience. From the German pocketbook shop I've bought only once, and upon registering got a €5 discount to be used for my first purchase. From the greenreader.co.uk shop I have purchased several times.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
c_omran

Hi Paola,

Thanks for your information
I already ordered mine from http://pocketbook.de/
I got 5 euro as a welcome discount
My biggest issue was really to chose between 912 & M92
but what made me chose 912, is the TTS, which supporting 5 languages
and the pronounciation on M92 (without INOVA 4) is more like a machine
and just only one language in TTS
I hope I made the right choice, and can't wait to get my new reader
Thanks again Paola
Old 07-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
well, hope you will enjoy your device when you get it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
They have been showing up on eBay. I just picked up a new PB 912 for a great price. They are shipped from Hong Kong so expect it take a while get to you. And return shipping is expensive so you're taking a chance.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
They are shipped from Hong Kong so expect it take a while get to you.
I wonder if these aren't fakes
At least Picture and description are original.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
I wonder if these aren't fakes
At least Picture and description are original.
That hadn't occurred to me. I don't know if I'll be able to tell but will let you know what I see. Perhaps having a 302 will help but probably not. Counterfeiters can be pretty good.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I guess it will be easy when you open it up, Pocketbook covers every processor on the board with a metal cover so you can't see what is below.
I can't imagine a forger to stick that close to the original
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:50 AM   #10
c_omran

I got it from
http://www.pocketbook-readers.de for 210 Euros only !!!
it was the best price while making my search
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
If you are interested in PB902 and PB360+, we still have them, shipping to Egypt would be about $45 for 902 and a little less for 360.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
why on your website the price of the 912 is $359.99 and on http://www.pocketbook-readers.de the price is 249€ ?
starr974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
YYar-PocketBooker , you dont answer?

C_omran: are you happy with your 912??
What do you think?
starr974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
c_omran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr974 View Post

C_omran: are you happy with your 912??l
What do you think?

I like it as it's my 1st 9" display ( actually it's 8" )
But if u dont care about TTS, go for M92
Old 08-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
JimMcLaren
Addict

Actually, mine's close to 10 inches. I like it for annotating PDFs. I might have 3 or 4 open at a time if I'm doing research. I don't think there is another reader that can have multiple ebooks open at the same time. Exporting the annotations is pretty easy too. Could be better but I'm not going to complain.

My only complaint about the 912 is that I can't customize the main screen as much as I would like. My 302 was much more flexible, as I think all of the 6" readers are.

If there are any specific features you are interested in I'll be happy to let you know if they work well. The folks at Pocketbook have taken a lot of criticism over the last year, most of it justified. At the moment however I think you will have a hard time beating the quality of their products.