Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
"Space"
"Space" began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch PDF reading

Guys, I just found that KT is so done in terms of PDF reading...

First, although we can use landscape model now, which make a A4 PDF file readable, sometimes the bottom line would get cut. You cannot see the cut line even if you tap to the next page. (Unlike Kindle Keyboard, which turns about half a page a time or so in landscape model for PDF reading, KT just turns one page a time. Therefore, what is cut, still in cut on the next page)
What is more, if you choose to zoom in, at least 3 problems will make you feel very upset.
1. You cannot view the whole page content in zoomed view. That is, it starts the page at the mid of the original page in the zoomed view. No matter how hard you try to scroll up, it will not be able to give you the whole content.
2. Super slow reaction. If you zoom in and try to scroll up/down or left/right, the screen will flash for at least two times and take 3 seconds or so to each time. This is horrible compare with Kindle Keyborad.(It doesnot matter whether it's in landscape model or normal view. Just too slow to scroll)

Second, and a deadly one, is that you cannot turn pages if you are in a zoomed in view!( I have confirmed this with Amazon just minutes ago. Shockingly surprised...) Every time you want to have a clearer view, you have to do "zoom in-scroll-zoom out-next page". This can waste a ton of time...

I guess I still need to stick with my Kindle Keyboard for a while to wait for debug of this...
"Space" is offline   Reply With Quote