Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
fabioq
fabioq began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 7 PC
Trouble installing Windows 7 ver 7.4

I'm having an issue with the installation of Calibre 7.4. This is a new install on Window 7 32-bit. It appears it's not seeing the correct rights for my user account. The installation gets to the point of creating folders and displays:

Click image for larger version

Name:	creating.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	54044

but if I use windows explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and create the folder its trying to create and come back and click on retry, I get instead:

Name:	privileges.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	54045

I've checked my rights on the folder and obviously I wouldn't be able to create it if i didn't have the rights. In fact here's the properties for that folder:

Name:	user.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	54046

At this point I'm stuck with the Firefox plugin because I can't use Calibre. By the way, this is a clean install of Windows 7, I previously had a version of Calibre installed on XP and that worked great...I just don't remember what version it was.

-Fabio
fabioq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
daveps
daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
You could try right clicking the installer and selecting Run as administrator?

Either that or turn off User Account Control (UAC) because windows 7 will moan about access to c:\program files even when you are an administrator which I suspect your user account is not.

Just for the record I run Calibre on Windows 7 and it installed just fine, but my account is an admin account.
daveps is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
fabioq
fabioq began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 7 PC
I thought there maybe a problem with my user account, so I tried logging in with the administrator account instead and I got the same issue. Also, I hate the UAC, so in my case it's already turned off.

-Fabio
fabioq is offline   Reply With Quote