Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
NeilPlakcy
Mystery & Romance Author
NeilPlakcy is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Golden Retriever mystery: In Dog We Trust

Right now my inspiration is sprawled behind my computer chair-- my golden retriever, Sam. When we were out walking one day in our neighborhood, he stopped to sniff and while I was standing there, staring at the nature preserve that abuts our community, I thought, "This would be a great place to kill someone."

So I did.

Fictionally, of course. And I created a golden retriever who's a lot like Sam to help solve the mystery.

After a bad divorce and a brief prison term for computer hacking, 42-year-old Steve Levitan has returned to his home town of Stewart’s Crossing and taken a part-time job as an adjunct professor of English at his alma mater, Eastern College. While walking around his gated community, he becomes friendly with his next-door neighbor, Caroline Kelly, and her golden retriever, Rochester.

When Caroline is shot and killed while walking Rochester, Steve becomes the dog’s temporary guardian. Together, these two unlikely sleuths work to uncover the mystery behind Caroline’s death. This book is available in Kindle edition from Amazon.com and in other formats from Smashwords.

If you like mysteries with dogs-- or you just love dogs, like I do-- I hope you'll give IN DOG WE TRUST a try.

Neil Plakcy
www.mahubooks.com
NeilPlakcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
NeilPlakcy
Mystery & Romance Author
NeilPlakcy is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Seventeen customer reviews, all but one 4 and 5 stars, motivated me to continue the story of Steve and Rochester, in The Kingdom of Dog-- now available in print & ebook.

When his mentor, Joe Dagorian, director of admissions at prestigious Eastern College, is murdered during a fund-raising event, Steve Levitan feels obliged to investigate. He and his golden retriever, Rochester, go nose to the ground to dig up clues, including a bloody knife and some curious photographs. But will Steve’s curiosity and Rochester’s savvy save them when the killer comes calling?

The Kingdom of Dog at Amazon
NeilPlakcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogs, mystery, pennsylvania