Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
also, and i hate to say it, i'm sure the kindle and nook have larger user bases than the ereader does (not a dig on sony's products). larger user base can support more than one board.

i have to admit i'm not at all familiar with the other boards you mentioned, but do they have any tie in from the manufacturers? that always helps.
No they don't. I post the link to the site I just created. I'm taking suggestions to improve it. Please stop by and let me know.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #17
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
It looks good Lilly - it didn't take you long at all to set up either. I registered and even posted

I think it will do ok. Here at MR there is one forum for Sony products, on a dedicated board you can get more specific and detailed in the forum creation. Threads and posts should, in general be more relevant as well.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #18
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
It looks good Lilly - it didn't take you long at all to set up either. I registered and even posted

I think it will do ok. Here at MR there is one forum for Sony products, on a dedicated board you can get more specific and detailed in the forum creation. Threads and posts should, in general be more relevant as well.
Thank you for joining. You are member #1. I hope a lot of us can contribute in the different forums so it can become a viable place!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post

i have to admit i'm not at all familiar with the other boards you mentioned, but do they have any tie in from the manufacturers? that always helps.
I don't think they did originally but in the case of Kindleboards, it has become an affiliate for Amazon. Not sure about nookboards. I don't even know if B&N uses affiliates.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #20
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
IMO, leeching members from another forum is somewhat underhanded, but best of luck.
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #21
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

She's being very upfront about what she's doing and why. Plus you can't make people join unless they want to. I don't see that as underhanded or leeching (IMO).
Old 01-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #22
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloudg20 View Post
IMO, leeching members from another forum is somewhat underhanded, but best of luck.
I have seen real attempts at that on other forums, but IMO this is not one of them. She has been open, and has not said anything negative about this forum.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #23
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
I love my Sony PRS-600, almost as much as I liked my PRS-505! If they come up with a good upgrade there is every chance my next reader is a Sony one too.

However, things are moving so fast that, for me, it would be silly to nail myself to the Sony brand. I have RSS feeds set up from this forum, and the general news - that combination keeps me bang up to date. Who knows - if the Que or Skiff are as good as they look, I might have to ditch Sony!

I'd be very interested in expanding MR to cover some of the topics that you think Nook or Kindle owners are getting. I'm not entirely sure what they are though. A lot of those forums appear to be lounge chatter, where the common denominator is Kindle / Nook ownership, rather than our lounge chatter where the denominator is eBooks. Many of the other forums, such as the ones on reading choices, are as applicable to all MR contributors as they are to Sony owning ones.

Good luck if you try it, but I think my home is MR, and I suspect lots of others will feel the same way.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #24
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
OK, it's up! Tell me what you think? Also looking for volunteers to be moderators and help me improve the site! Here is the link :http://sonyreader.proboards.com/index.cgi

Remember it's a work in progress; I just created it an hour ago!
Wow! I had the quick reply text box half filled and open whilst I ate a pizza and put the kids to bed, and you went and launched the site!

Good luck! My view hasn't changed though

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #25
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post

I'd be very interested in expanding MR to cover some of the topics that you think Nook or Kindle owners are getting. I'm not entirely sure what they are though. A lot of those forums appear to be lounge chatter, where the common denominator is Kindle / Nook ownership, rather than our lounge chatter where the denominator is eBooks. Many of the other forums, such as the ones on reading choices, are as applicable to all MR contributors as they are to Sony owning ones.
Ditto. I've not joined any boards but MR. I do peek in on others from time to time especially when there is some kind of breaking news. I want to get a feel of how others are thinking on the same subject. I have no interest in the "chatter" or bashing of other readers. I'm more about the tech and where it's going and how to make the best use of what I've got.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #26
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
The Nook & Kindle both have message boards already in the Barnes & Noble and Amazon site while the Sony does not. But what I'm talking about is a specific fan site like this one for Kindle - http://www.kindleboards.com/ and this one for the Nook http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php

I'm trying to garner if their would be an interest for it to promote one of the best readers out there. So give me your opinions.

I wish you the best of luck with your enterprise, Lilly!

For me, I prefer this site, even tho its not Kindle specific.

I learn a lot from reading about other/new products, and enjoy the varying viewpoints.

Stop by from time to time and let us know how its going.

There is room on the 'net for all...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #27
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Best of luck with your new site, I've just registered as well. I don't think that this will take me away from MR, as I like reading posts about readers that aren't Sony as well, but it will be nice to have a site with another message board to turn to, diversity never hurts.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
Hollie
Hollie doesn't litterHollie doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505/RC
I'm in...the more info the merrier. It's nice to have one dedicated to my reader. I'm making a new folder in Favorites for all my e-reader web-sites.

Thanks for making it.
Hollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #29
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Sony Board

Hi Lilly

I just joined your board, why not. I'm not sure how much use it will be to me, on MR I just buzz through the Sony section. Unless something catches my eye, I'm off to the News and Commentary section. I have no interest in hacking or even really talking about my ereader. I just read on it. I already have a Sony so I don't need to sold on it. If anything new or ground breaking comes out that I should know I'll see it on my buzz through or at news and commentary. I'll keep an eye on your site and best of luck.
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:56 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I wish you the best of luck with your enterprise, Lilly!

For me, I prefer this site, even tho its not Kindle specific.

I learn a lot from reading about other/new products, and enjoy the varying viewpoints.

Stop by from time to time and let us know how its going.

There is room on the 'net for all...........
I'm honestly not sure why anyone would want a device-specific site. Don't people want to learn about the other products on the market, so that they can make an informed decision about their next eBook reader purchase? I know that I certainly do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote