Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
mattjg01
mattjg01 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Slow Page Turning

I am going a little bit mad at the moment. I have one book, in LRF format, which for some reason has an incredibly slow page turn speed. Everything else seems normal but when I try and read this particular book I have to press the page turn button when I am halfway down the page so that it turns by the time I reach the bottom!! I would guess this is roughly 30 seconds to turn a page.

I have tried holding the book on an SD card and on the internal memory but neither makes a difference. I have a PRS 500, does anyone have any ideas what I can do to speed this book up?

Thanks
Matt
mattjg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
To speed up that book? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Where did you get the book? Did you make it yourself or is a purchase/download? Does it use the default internal font or does it have a font embedded in it? (Those will add to the page turn times.) How large is the book? (Some large books will take forever to change pages.) Are the pages text or are they scaled images of text?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 04:51 AM   #3
mattjg01
mattjg01 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Thanks for the response. The book is a few hundred pages long, all text, and was a download in rich text format. I converted to LRF in calibre and this caused the very slow speeds.

I have actually found a work-around by changing the rich text file to HTML and then using calibre to convert the HTML. The formatting is not as good but page turns are back to normal now!
mattjg01 is offline   Reply With Quote