Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
avattt
avattt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question How to convert simple zine to kindle format

Greetings everyone.

I'd like to take a simple literary magazine and covert it into a format suitable for the kindle. Does anyone have lesson on this you could link me to? Thanks.

If you need more info: Each issue of the magazine is divided into four sections, each containing multiple works. At the end of each work is an author bio.
Each issue would also have a new image/photo for the cover, but that might be too much for me for the kindle version. Thanks again!
avattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You mean a paper magazine? You need to scan it, and then use an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) program to convert it to text.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
avattt
avattt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
No, sorry, that's not what I meant.

It is an online magazine.

I want to know how to program a table of contents. And what method to use.
avattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If it's a website, a Calibre "recipe" should do the trick. Ask for details in the Calibre forum here at MR.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote