Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Got $5 Worth of Z Bucks from Zinio!

Man - I am just LOVING Zinio and my magazine library! Good-bye to stacks of magazines in my house! How wonderful to catalogue them in a library!

Anyway, I spent about $17 on Zinio on the weekend (one cheap subscription and a single back issue) and got an email today with a $5 credit towards any new magazines. I just downloaded two more!

I really encourage those who haven't bought a couple of magazines to try it out! I got some 'photo' issues of a couple of outdoor magazines - looking forward to seeing how brilliant the photos look!

US Magazine looks pretty good, too! Wish they had my Entertainment Weekly!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Has anyone subscribed to Macleans? I am wondering if it is optimized for a 7 inch tablet.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
I'm still trying to get my sample mags
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can sign-in on your computer, add samples from there, buy others, and they will be reflected (and available) on your Vox.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
It's the samples that are suppose to come with the Vox I can't access.
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I could not either, but I believe they are the same on the website and on Vox. I could be wrong
Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I have Macleans, looks good when Vox is held vertically. 1 page display at a time, font is a bit small but still readable for me. 2 page display horizontally which I don't like. Can zoom with a double tap but I find it zooms too much. Can pinch and make bigger or smaller with forefinger and thumb and this is what I prefer, can control zoom to just right size.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I have Macleans, looks good when Vox is held vertically. 1 page display at a time, font is a bit small but still readable for me. 2 page display horizontally which I don't like. Can zoom with a double tap but I find it zooms too much. Can pinch and make bigger or smaller with forefinger and thumb and this is what I prefer, can control zoom to just right size.
Thanks for the information. I think I will buy a single issue first to see if i like it that way before plunking down for a year's worth.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
You can get a free subscription by going to "goreadgreen.com", they have Macleans as one of the magazine choices (amongst others, about 30-40 different magazine choices). One free subscription per email address; if a Canadian postal address doesn't work (it didn't in May when I did this, it may have been fixed since then) you need to use an American address

FYI, MacLeans subscription is $45 on Zinio site...This one's a REALLY good deal as it comes out once a week.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-03-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I know this is the Vox forum, but I'll mention I use Zinio on my iPad and it is a fantastic app and company. I've moved all of my print subs to zinio, I do have a few mags that have their own app because they are not on Zinio yet, but I hope that they get added one day. The only one I still wish for is Scientific American. Anyway, yeah, Zinio is awesome.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote