Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Mine had been fine until firmware update 1.9.10
Have you tried going back to 1.9.9 firmware? Instructions were posted yesterday if I remember correctly (I have them saved away as well), and the procedure is simple.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #17
Panatec
Panatec began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you! Latch. I appreciate your advice. I will try.
Panatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #18
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Yes, very happy with mine.

Bought it right after launch (took a bit to get to Australia though), no major issues.

Kept the firmware updated, only bug I experienced was the "bottom line cut off" which had an easy workaround and is now fixed in the latest firmware.

For your information: I run linux on my computer, all firmware upgrades were done manually, no issues. I download my purchased books via ADE and transfer my books to the Kobo via calibre. Never had an issue.
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
Woola
Barsoomian
Woola began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3g, Kobo Touch
I've had mine for a couple of months and not a single issue. Worked out of the box just perfectly. I've bought books from Kobo and borrowed books from the library. I've updated the firmware each time, but never had a bug that needed fixed. I think it's a vastly under rated ereader.
Woola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #20
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
My experience is much as that of others above. I got my KT from Borders US (which seemed to take forever but that was the mailing system). I had the Factory Reset problem which could be skirted around, and the last line cut-off which could also be fixed. No problems at all now. I do everything through Calibre.

I haven't tried purchasing any books yet - I have found plenty of free ones to keep me happy - so I can't report on that.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
Going on five months now. No problems except for the cut off line of the last update. Even that wasn't as severe as some have reported. I could read it just fine.
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #22
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Well I got my KT today and I had a go with the screen and I don't find it that responsive to my fingers but I put it down to having fake nails and they stop me from putting my fingertips properly on the screen. I think I need to get them shortened lol.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 AM   #23
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Pencil eraser makes good stylus to change pages.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #24
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Pencil eraser makes good stylus to change pages.
Thanks for the tip.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #25
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Thanks for the tip.
Oh, that was a deliciously terrible pun.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote