Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
Editing an epub with Sigil

I have converted a pdf to epub with calibre. Although it was way faster than doing OCR with Abbyy Fine Reader than bulid the epub from html with Sigil the result was ugly. But the text is there nevertheless. Now, how do I edit that file with Sigil? Won't it break the database by editing the epub? Do I export it, remove it from the database, edit it and feed it back to calibre?
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Install the Open with plugin, then you can edit the epub with Sigil from within calibre.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Artha
-----

Oh, but I can press "O" and have the contents of the folder shown up. And from there I have all the power Windows can offer me. Yet, won't that disturb the database as the file has changed?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre does not mind if the contents of the file has changed as long as you do not change the name or location in any way.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Artha
-----

Ok. Thank you. That was what I needed to know.
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool context menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Install the Open with plugin, then you can edit the epub with Sigil from within calibre.

G
i have that plugin installed and set for sigil, gimp and kindlepreviewer, but cannot find the open with context menu. what to do? i've read the docs over and over, again and again.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i have that plugin installed and set for sigil, gimp and kindlepreviewer, but cannot find the open with context menu. what to do? i've read the docs over and over, again and again.
When you install ANY plugin that affects the User Interface you have to configure WHERE it will show.

Try going to Preferences | Toolbar (under Interface) then select "The context menu for the books in the calibre library" and finally drag the "Open with" from the list of "Available actions" to the "Current Actions".
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
When you install ANY plugin that affects the User Interface you have to configure WHERE it will show.

Try going to Preferences | Toolbar (under Interface) then select "The context menu for the books in the calibre library" and finally drag the "Open with" from the list of "Available actions" to the "Current Actions".
thanks, highly simple. not intuitive to me though. however, now i know.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote