Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
fourfoldmark
Edge User

Question Registration indecision ....

I am wondering if 'registering' has any ill effects, like not being able to download from other sources than 'entourage' such as google books / android apps or a local university e-library? Thoughts? (I haven't taken a step past #5 I think it is ... can someone help to ease the seeming need for indecision herein?). I haven't ventured too far in exploring the entourage universe yet, as is likely obvious. Input welcome! Thanks, Mark.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
StevenP
Edge User

There are no ill effects from registering. Entourage does not block you from buying books from other sources.

Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

And I believe registering is necessary to read Adobe DRM books, isn't it?

The registration process isn't final, either. My husband "registers" himself when he wants to read his DRM books, and then I simply reregister when I want to switch back to my account. I'm not sure if that's the intended use of the thing, but we've registered quite a few times with no ill effects.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
..... My husband "registers" himself when he wants to read his DRM books, and then I simply reregister when I want to switch back to my account. I'm not sure if that's the intended use of the thing, but we've registered quite a few times with no ill effects.

You can do this three times before the device distroys itself ???

Last edited by sjarrel; 02-25-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
fourfoldmark
Edge User

Thank you Sarah; and what of the last post about it allowing you to register it three times ? I will google what an Adobe DRM is as trying to bring myself up to speed!

Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
sarah11918
Edge User

I'm pretty sure that was just a joke by sjarrel about registering 3 times. Not to worry, we've registered and reregistered more than that!

As for Adobe DRM (Digital Rights Management, if I recall correctly?), that's just the copyright protection on some kinds of protected ebooks. If you have an "open" pdf, then it's just a regular file that can be opened no problem. If you have bought an ebook that has Adobe DRM, you need an Adobe account (linked to your Entourage account, so when you register you're telling your edge which Adobe user you are) and only the registered owner of the ebook can open and read it. That's why my hubby had to reregister as him in order to read his book that he had loaded on my machine. When he was done, I simply registered back with my Entourage/Adobe info, and I couldn't read his book, but I could read mine (and of course, any unlocked ones).

Hope that helps!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
Donny
Edge User

I find that interesting. When I originally registered I used an Adobe account email that isn't the one I use most frequently. I'd like to change it to that one, but seem unable to do so after several re-registers. There must be a way!

Any advice you offer will be helpful. Thanks!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Donny
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
I find that interesting. When I originally registered I used an Adobe account email that isn't the one I use most frequently. I'd like to change it to that one, but seem unable to do so after several re-registers. There must be a way!

Any advice you offer will be helpful. Thanks!
Okay...
On my enTourage online account it shows the Adobe ID as the incorrect email, on the PE it shows the correct one. Never tried a DRM book yet, so maybe I should just give it a buy and see what happens.